| Scottish Gathering 2018 - Further Update |
29th May 2018
|For all those attending on Sunday, there will be a Show & Shine competition - Best Mk1,2,3 &4. Prizes for all winners. This competition will commence at 1.00pm and during judging you will have the opportunity to partake of some fun games .
Refreshments will be available. Club shop will also be there and a free gift to those presenting their membership card.
| Gathering 2018 Update |
26th May 2018
|One week to go and the weather forecast is looking excellent for the day, some further details:
The Club Events Coordinator spoke with the Braemar show ground team in the last couple of days and everything is good to go. They are happy after the recent run of good weather with the state of the grass and ground and for us to go ahead.
We will be able to bring some cars down on to the main arena, but some care will be needed and there is some building work going on for a new pavilion, but this should not impinge on our day.
The Glenshee catering team are primed also, a call has been made to the Braemar butcher who will be preparing some venison for us this week.
Some of what is in place -
- There will be Moss UK MX-5 vouchers to give away as prizes and will hopefully also have some MX5parts goodies and vouchers coming too also to give away as prizes to Club Members participating in any organised events..
- The Club shop and tent will be present with a range of Club Regalia for members.
- There will be some free gifts for Club Members arranged, come along with your membership card to the desk.
- There will also be a new Membership deal for owners to sign up on the day with a show discounts and a welcome gift.
| Arnold Clark Mazda, Stirling MX-5 Experience Day 2nd June 2018 |
25th May 2018
|I was approached by Arnold Clark Mazda recently, to advise the Owners Club that they are holding an MX-5 Experience Day on Saturday 2nd June in their Stirling branch.
They are offering the following -
- Various MX-5 models on display
- 2 litre Sport Nav RF and roadster models for test drives
- Presence of MX-5 Specialist drivers for test drives if required
- Use of workshop ramp for free inspection and health check
- Prize draw entry for visitors - free service to winner
Arnold Clark wish to build a relationship with the club and therefore are giving Owners Club members the benefits listed under on an ongoing basis.
Proof of club membership is required to take advantage of the offers eg production of Owners Club Membership Card.
- Heavily discounted rates on new cars
- Subsidised finance rates on pre-registered and used cars
- Referral scheme for any new sales
- Easy Pay option on service and repairs
- Preferential labour rates
- Discounted parts rates (Cost + 10%)
If you wish to take part in the Experience Day and make use of workshop facilities please contact Derek McRae Sales Executive at the Stirling branch to arrangement a booking slot. Otherwise turn up to test drive and view new models.
His contact details -
Phone 01786 448877
Posted by Drew Ness Central Area joint AC
| Tayside 2018 Plans |
21st Jan 2018
|A few of us met up last Saturday to decide on AC's for 2018 and make some plans.
Larry & I are continuing as AC's with help from members who have agreed to organise runs this year.
We will put up individual events however there are two proposed weekends away:
Firstly a weekend in May or June - possibly to Skye and another for the last weekend in October, possibly to the Borders - we will scope out a few possibilities and pop these up asap.
If anyone is interested in organising any other runs, just lets us know.
We are hoping for a few pop up runs - possibly in the evening - when the weather gets a little better.
Happy motoring :-)
| Change of website administrator. |
27th Jun 2017
|Change of website administrator.
I took on the role of website administrator in January 2009, and now eight and a half years later, I feel that itís time to hand over this important function to a new pair of hands.
This changeover process has been going on in the background for the last six months and it gives me great pleasure to announce to you all, that Grampian Area Co-ordinator Ian Hindmarsh has agreed to take on the role.
Ian has a solid I.T. background and Iím confident that the high standards of the website will be maintained and developed well into the future under his stewardship.
I would also like to give a special mention to Simon Fraser. It was Simon who many years ago designed, built and maintained the website that we all enjoy using today. During the last 8 years, whenever there has been any minor or major issue with the site that was beyond my capabilities, Simon was always there to rapidly resolve the problem. I canít thank Simon enough for all his help over the years.
Iím not going to disappear completely though, as I intend to enjoy the club events and my car for many years to come.
I would just like to end by thanking all the wonderful MX-5 Scotland club members who have helped me over the years and to Ian Hindmarsh for taking over from me.
1 - 2
Previous - Next
10 entries on 2 pages (viewing entries 1 to 5)