Hi from the south

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hi from the south

Postby georgefromdevon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Hello I have recently bought a little rusty 1.6 na eunos in brg, this will be my third mx5
My first five I turbo'd with a homebrew kit and an ms, my second I stripped out completely so this time I want to do individual throttle bodies! Because I feel like spending some money for no reason?

Anyway I joined this group because one of your members used tt600 itbs and it looked like a really good set up and I wanted to ask him some questions about his build

Cheers George
georgefromdevon

Re: Hi from the south

Postby IanH » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi George,

Welcome along, hopefully the relevant person will see your post or else you could PM them.

It’s a bit quiet here these days like many forums.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby georgefromdevon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Hello and thanks for the reply
I sent them a message.
Is no one modifying and tuning mx5's any more? The parts for them seem to be cheaper than ever!
Cheers George
georgefromdevon

Postby drumtochty » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Most of the better Mk1 cars are being rebuilt to standard spec as keepers.

The iffier cars are at the moment are not worth spending big money on as yet.

MK3 cars whether you like them or not are available at a price that is cheaper that a 10 year old car 15 years ago and if you get a clean one they are better daily drivers especialy the 6 Speed cars as a Motorway cruiser.

Just too may MX5's of various Mk's on Ebay and Autotrader.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red Sold
18 Mk4 2.0 GT+
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby iain cooper » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:50 pm

IanH wrote:Hi George,

Welcome along, hopefully the relevant person will see your post or else you could PM them.

It’s a bit quiet here these days like many forums.

Ian

yes it is very quiet here, but other forums are just as busy as ever.

I wonder why this forum is so quiet ?

Iain
iain cooper

Postby Enjay » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:24 pm

I think the book of faces has a lot to answer for.

No idea why. In my opinion, Facebook is a complete mess for cataloguing and keeping the kind of conversations and exchanges that happen on a forum. Forums are great for keeping and tracking certain types of exchanges, leaving them searchable and evolving in a logical manner.

Facebook is just a mess of everyone talking at the same time, right across each other and completely at cross purposes, no easily searchable record and no proper permanent catalogue of what was said, advice or technical tips.
Enjay

Postby chillax » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Enjay wrote:I think the book of faces has a lot to answer for.

No idea why. In my opinion, Facebook is a complete mess for cataloguing and keeping the kind of conversations and exchanges that happen on a forum. Forums are great for keeping and tracking certain types of exchanges, leaving them searchable and evolving in a logical manner.

Facebook is just a mess of everyone talking at the same time, right across each other and completely at cross purposes, no easily searchable record and no proper permanent catalogue of what was said, advice or technical tips.

What he said x2 ! 8) Most forums (especially car related ones) are really quiet now compared to eve just a year ago. I run two car forums (civic5.com for Honda Civic 5 door hatch/aerodeck models and futureclassiccars.uk for all modern classic cars) and both are unbelievably quiet. Civic5, although a niche forum for just one marque/one model used to be mega busy years ago (been running 10 years) but since FB started to grow, it has killed the forum. Sad really as Enjay says above, FB is just a mess of a site, and is totally unsuitable platform for running a car club from. We did have a FB group for civic5 which was basically just for promoting the forum/getting new members in, but it ended up being a split club. Some members would only use fb, some only use the forum. As the whole club was forum based from the start, we pulled the plug on the FB group and instead just created a page.
Hate the fact we are losing all these cracking forums, with all the useful info gathered over the years by them. the advice info you get on FB regarding car faults/fixes is shocking, sometimes even dangerous!

Long live the forums!!

Oh, and welcome to the forum mate! :D You'll get plenty of genuine info on here.
chillax

Return to New Users