Welding/body shop in Central area

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Welding/body shop in Central area

Postby Macscorcher » Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 am

Hello all !

Looking for somewhere to repair the sill ends on my mk1. Was planning on learning how to do it myself but struggling to get free time due to a change in job.

Can anyone recommend an Mx5 friendly bodyshop ? I’m based in Glasgow so anywhere local would be preferable but don’t mind travelling if it means going to the right place.

Thanks

Bob
Macscorcher

Re: Welding/body shop in Central area

Postby Bob the Train » Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 am

You could try Preserve & Protect. They are in Johnstone and have a great reputation for undersealing. The have a welder on site as well. Marc is a character and very friendly, he'll tell you exactly what needs done without any "additions".
Bob the Train
OC Member
Bob McNair
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Welding/body shop in Central area

Postby Enjay » Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 am

+1 for preserve and protect, certainly as a rust proofing service. Marc (and his wife Sam too) is an MX5 enthusiast and knows the cars very well (and he is indeed a character, in a good way). I have had them rust proof 2 cars for me (my RF and my year 2000 MR2); very thorough jobs. We didn't really discuss repairs to steelwork as such (fortunately) but, as Bob says, he does have a welder on site, so it might well be worth giving him a shout.
Enjay

Return to Technical