Looking to clean your interior trim?

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Looking to clean your interior trim?

Postby 71NotOut » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:07 pm

I recently bought some new door panels and tan crash pads as a treat for my Eunos turning 25 years old.

At first glance, these look quite clean but I recently bought a new cleaning product - Autosmart G101 All Purpose Cleaner.

I've wanted to try this stuff for a while now, I bought it direct from the Autosmart rep - £21 for 5 litres and a 3 trigger bottles at the same time as you can dilute it differently for different jobs.

I filled the 3 trigger bottles in ratios of 1:5. 1:10 and 1:15 - the 1:5 I will use for the engine bay spruce up, 1:10 for door shuts, alloys, etc. and 1:15 for the interior.

I just tried a wee bit on the tan crash pad I bought, 2 mins with a nail brush and wipe away the residue with a clean microfibre - I am amazed how clean and quick this thing came up. I hope the photos can do it justice.

I'm told this stuff is great for cleaning around the house as well - degreasing worktops, cleaning tile grout, etc. I'm off for a wee play :D
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Looking to clean your interior trim?

Postby Mattm » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:29 pm

By chance I was about to trawl Internet for a cleaner as my 5 litres of TFR was finished ( I used to get free at work ) alas not working there anymore. So snap decision I have ordered some online.

Cheers
Mattm
OC Member
Matt Meikle
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Technical