Scot5 2016 - Central run to Braemar

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Scot5 2016 - Central run to Braemar

Postby DrewN » Fri May 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Are you coming to Scot5 2016 at Braemar on 5th June?
Are you intending to join us at Dobbies, Stirling for the run up to Braemar?
Do you want Central to win Rounders, Tug of War, Fling the Wellie, Silliest Hat.
Then come along and have a great day amongst what should be the biggest gathering of MX5's in Scotland this year.
Weather forecast looks to be a great top down day.

We intend to leave Dobbies Stirling at 09:15.

If you intend to join us for the run, sign up on th event page link - http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?event_id=1056
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Re: Scot5 2016 - Central run to Braemar

Postby marshall » Sat May 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Planning too should confirm on Monday if I got day off , fingers crossed will keep you updated then
marshall
OC Member
Marshall Pirrie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby OldSpice » Mon May 30, 2016 9:12 am

Looking forward to this actually.
It's years & years since I've been in a wee convoy! :wink:
How time flies in. :(
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby 71NotOut » Mon May 30, 2016 10:01 am

OldSpice wrote:Looking forward to this actually.

Me too!

I took the Eunos out for a wee 50 miler yesterday as I have been getting a hot/sweet smell like a coolant leak since I put everything back together with new silicon hoses, etc. but a)it's not dropping any signs on the driveway/garage floor and b)doesn't appear to be losing coolant so i'll just live with it.

Now I need to try and resolve my gear lash noise that a lot of earlier 1.6s suffer from but from reading up, I may just have to live with it (and turn the stereo up to counteract) :D
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby OldSpice » Mon May 30, 2016 12:29 pm

71NotOut wrote:

Me too!

I took the Eunos out for a wee 50 miler yesterday as I have been getting a hot/sweet smell like a coolant leak since I put everything back together with new silicon hoses, etc. but a)it's not dropping any signs on the driveway/garage floor and b)doesn't appear to be losing coolant so i'll just live with it.

Now I need to try and resolve my gear lash noise that a lot of earlier 1.6s suffer from but from reading up, I may just have to live with it (and turn the stereo up to counteract) :D

Well, you don't need me to tell you, since it's set to be hot hotty, to take a few litres of coolant mix with you anyway...or do you? :wink:
Well..I just did. :lol:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby 71NotOut » Mon May 30, 2016 12:53 pm

OldSpice wrote:
71NotOut wrote:

Me too!

Well, you don't need me to tell you, since it's set to be hot hotty, to take a few litres of coolant mix with you anyway...or do you? :wink:
Well..I just did. :lol:

I picked up some spare distilled water at the weekend, going to premix some up just in case - if it holds, i'll use it for a cold shower for myself :D :D
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to General Chat