Showroom Shine car polish

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Showroom Shine car polish

Postby iain cooper » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:47 am

anyone used this ?

was recommended to me at the weekend by a 75 year old ex taxi driver who uses it on his black BMW with great results.

Iain
iain cooper

Re: Showroom Shine car polish

Postby drumtochty » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:40 am

No but I can offer free mud from my track to make your car look very dirty!
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 71NotOut » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:25 pm

Never heard of it.

A quick Google comes up with Greased Lightning Showroom Shine waterless polish - is this the same stuff?

I used to sell waterless stuff, called Dri-Wash & Guard made by an american company called Envirotech.

It was a networking type setup but I also ran a car valeting business for a year using the products, but I found the Scottish public very apprehensive about not using any water to clean a car, regardless of how good the product may be.

Obviously if the car was caked in clumps of mud it wouldn't work, but for regular cleaning with normal road soiling it worked a treat.

Saying that, I now have an extensive collection of various water-based solutions including polishes, waxes, rotary polisher machines, etc. so have moved on somewhat from my waterless days.

I would think it could be a decent product to keep in the boot to give the car a quick refresh but not sure it would be my one and only product nowadays.
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby salmo-n » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:52 am

This product has been around for many years, found on shopping channel IdealWorld. Like others, I was sceptical about using on my car without a wash to remove the heavier residue and have therefore gone down the road of using it as a quick polish after wash wax and the car comes up a treat. Been using it for a good 10 years in this fashion. Easy on and easy off. Great to keep in the boot to get rid of bird pooh before it eats into the paint. Can be used on the windows and offers good water repelling though not for windscreen due to the carnauba wax. Also for the alloys and they buff up nicely. Recently bought some Williams waterless wax product but do not find it as easy to use as the Showroom type.
If the car is primarily dusty rather than dirty, the products appear to do what they say on the tin. For dirty cars you would really need to use a lot to soak into the dirt and unlikely that caked on dirt would be removed.
Suggest you try it based on washing the car first then you may become more adventurous and go the full hog. Each to their own as they say.
salmo-n
OC Member
Raymond Collett
Central Scotland Coordinator

Postby iain cooper » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:18 pm

thanks for replies, I do intend to wash the cars first and then use the product.

nothing ventured nothing gained and I don't think it will do any harm?

Iain
iain cooper

Postby softmc » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:56 am

I Have tried this ,its very good and handy if you just need to clean the car after a few days rain etc I wouldnt use it if the car was heavily soiled good on glass too worth having in my opinon :)
softmc

Postby smiles » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:49 am

I don't think waterless stuff can work where does the mud go....scraped along the car with the cloth u used.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
smiles

Return to General Chat