Mazda Warranty Process

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Mazda Warranty Process

Postby IanH » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:51 pm

My hood is rubbing on the roll hoop covers, this is a known problem, well documented on the interwebs and a known fix from Mazda to resolve.

To get this looked at I need to leave the car at my dealer, on an industrial estate south of Aberdeen, for several hours, earliest it can be seen is in 2 1/2 weeks time.

To say the logistics associated with this are a major PITA is an understatement, location, transport, time to/from work etc...

You could look at it, recognise the problem and photograph it in 5 minutes!

That wouldn't conform to Mazda's procedures apparently, anyone have knowledge of current Mazda protocols to validate this?

:(
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: Mazda Warranty Process

Postby drumtochty » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Two guys on the same day with the same problem.!!!!!!!!
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby OldSpice » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Beats terminal rust though.... :shock:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby iain cooper » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:09 pm

can you not just wait for it, have a coffee and a nosey around the showroom etc?

Iain
iain cooper

Postby IanH » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:44 pm

iain cooper wrote:can you not just wait for it, have a coffee and a nosey around the showroom etc?

Iain

Kind of what's going to happen. The service centre burned down recently so they're operating out of a portakabin until the new one is built. Drop car at portakabin, tech picks it up and takes it to another workshop that they have, I cross dual carriageway to showroom and have a mooch about while waiting for it to be looked at.

Still half a day invested though.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Return to General Chat