Nc Battery 2.0 Which Type?

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Nc Battery 2.0 Which Type?

Postby stannyboy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Happy New Year to all!
So many answers to this question, what type battery for my car? 2006 2.0l nc. I reckon after a bit of research it is a type 156 45 Ah 330 A and should drop straight in. After measuring the original it seems to be right can anyone confirm?
Larry Isabella
Tayside Area Co-ordinator
Mk3 Option Pack 2.0
stannyboy
OC Member
Larry Isabella
Tayside Coordinator

Re: Nc Battery 2.0 Which Type?

Postby IanH » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Larry,

Picked this up elsewhere;

Anybody buying a NC battery from Eurocarparts make sure that they do give you a Type 158 and not a Type 156.

Their website and shop system says that you need a Type 156, however whilst this is the correct physical size the terminal posts are the wrong size being the smaller Japanese style post. I didn't spot that they had given me the wrong one until I got home and so was not happy at having to go back and get the right one.

HTH

I do recall on my first NC having to use a pop rivet to bulk out the terminal post so that the connection was tight so the advice above sounds good.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby drumtochty » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:04 pm

To be honest Larry as Ian has advised there are two very similar batteries and it is the fat terminal one you need.

There is a good reason to take the car to Halfords or Autosave or whoever is local and get the battery there and take it out to the car to double check it is the correct one.

In my case on the MK3 when the battery died, I took it into Autosave and said give me one like that.

Any minor online purchase savings soon get covered by getting the correct battery first time.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby stannyboy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Thanks Ian and Eddie
It was Euro car parts who said it was 156 and yes it does measure up but never thought about terminals, so a trip to local Halfrauds or similar and let them decide. :wink:
Larry Isabella
Tayside Area Co-ordinator
Mk3 Option Pack 2.0
stannyboy
OC Member
Larry Isabella
Tayside Coordinator

Postby drumtochty » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:13 am

Sorted.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red