4 wheel alignment aberdeenshire

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

4 wheel alignment aberdeenshire

Postby dougaberdeen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go for the above, I saw from a previous post that overton garage was recommended but that was about 7 years ago, anyone been since to know if they are still recommended?

or has anyone used reidlineperformance in kintore at all, they used to be clark motorsport who I went to a few times and they were always pretty decent

http://www.reidlineperformance.co.uk/

any other suggestions welcome

thanks for any help
dougaberdeen

Re: 4 wheel alignment aberdeenshire

Postby IanH » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:09 pm

I have also used Clark/Reid in the past, found them good if a tad expensive.

Overton also has a good rep though no personal experience, next time I want a check and adjust I'll likely go there.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby dougaberdeen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:51 pm

cheers, I think I will phone them both, see what the costs are and will let folk know how I get on after going to one of them
dougaberdeen

Postby IanH » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 pm

dougaberdeen wrote:cheers, I think I will phone them both, see what the costs are and will let folk know how I get on after going to one of them

Thanks, will be useful to know how you get on.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby mgrays » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:55 pm

In the South of city I used Wallace Performance in Altens a couple of times. Not totally clueless (most are.. so far 3 out 5 companies I have used in 10 years..) and went a little bit further than required .. but don't like you on the shopfloor telling/showing them what to do.. which is of course where I like to be but HSE does not! About £80-120 I seem to recall.
I have used Laws tyres up in Dyce; not prepared to extra mile, wanted to keep my bent alloy wheel which was worth repairing, would not shuggle a sub frame (not an MX-5) so not a full thumbs up. ... but hey I am a pain!
Pitstop ... well get a null points and a large barge pole. Failure to understand the concept of positive and negative toe which is scary when you land after a lump in the road.. :shock:
Malcolm GS
94 JLtd2 FM2
mgrays

Postby dougaberdeen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Well ended up going to reidline performance in kintore, difficult to give much of an assessment as the chap said that it didn't need any adjustments, they use the hunter 4 wheel alignment system and the guy said that all measurements were within factory, he adjusted all the tyre pressures before he did it

Have attached thr print out he gave me

The cost was 84 pounds, he said that if adjustments had been required, the price would have been about 100 to 120

Thanks for folks advice
Attachments
image.jpeg
dougaberdeen

Postby mgrays » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Factory settings... nah.. never done those; they are a country mile wide.

Not sure which model that is but they are pretty good .. could do a very small tickle but good enough ... 1/2 degree camber between front and rear .. neutral toe at front, little toe in at rear and then max out caster which is pretty much what you have... some folk would put more front toe in or out depending on stable/pointy front end but 0 is a good place.

So looks fine.
Malcolm GS
94 JLtd2 FM2
mgrays

Postby dougaberdeen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 am

cheers, its seems to handle pretty well, its a mk3 1.8 roadster

we picked it up about a month or so ago so just doing the usual bits and bobs with it, I have done all the servicing and gear and diff oil so that's the alignment ticked off and now the wife has told me if I am lucky I can get the keys once in a while unless it needs something done to it lol
dougaberdeen

Return to Technical