Newbie Harthill

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Newbie Harthill

Postby oddsockally » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:51 am

Hi
I’m a newbie, from Harthill, just bought my first MX5, picked it up on Tuesday and I’ve had a permanent smile on my face since.

Its a 2005 MK2 in sparkle green (probably not the official paint colour but its sparkly!) it needs some work on the sills and will need an exhaust fitted in the not too distant future and a few other bits and pieces, but that’s all part of the fun :D - I have never been so in love with a car.

So aye – hiya!
oddsockally

Re: Newbie Harthill

Postby 71NotOut » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:01 am

Hello, and excellent timing on the exhaust front!

I just got the regular email from MX5 Parts and they are offering discounts on their range of stainless exhaust systems!

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/specials.php

Cheers,
Steven
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby oddsockally » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:15 am

Hi Steven,

Cheers for the heads up - I'll send the link on to the mechanic in chief (my dad - I'm currently only the apprentice :P )
oddsockally

Postby OldSpice » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:32 am

Perhaps "NeoGreen BRG" in colour.
If your buying a touch up pen make sure it's the correct one as the flat BRG has the same HU code.
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby oddsockally » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:50 am

Yeah - it was advertised as BRG but it has a sparkle to it - especially when the light hits it right. Black hardtop though.
Thanks for the info on the codes!
oddsockally

Postby OldSpice » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:07 am

:wink:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby special k » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:49 pm

oddsockally wrote:Hi
I’m a newbie, from Harthill, just bought my first MX5, picked it up on Tuesday and I’ve had a permanent smile on my face since.

Its a 2005 MK2 in sparkle green (probably not the official paint colour but its sparkly!) it needs some work on the sills and will need an exhaust fitted in the not too distant future and a few other bits and pieces, but that’s all part of the fun :D - I have never been so in love with a car.

So aye – hiya!

Welcome to the forum & hope the smile lasts

If you are looking for a Stainless Steel Exhaust System I can highly recommend Stainless Creations in Falkirk. I recently had a cat back Cobra System fitted to my MK3 for under £600.
special k
OC Member
Steven Kilpatrick
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby oddsockally » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys! :D

I reckon the smile is here to stay - maybe once I have to start spending money it will fade a bit but I'm sure it won't be for long....
oddsockally

Return to New Users