First MK4 in the shops?

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

First MK4 in the shops?

Postby John H » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Look what I found today in Barnetts Mazda Dundee. Is this the first one actually seen in a garage? Looks fantastic in metallic white with simple silver wheels.

MX5 1r.jpg

MX5 2r.jpg
John H

Re: First MK4 in the shops?

Postby OldSpice » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:56 am

Looks alright. Looking forward to meeting some folks I know on Sunday to take the tiller, but I doubt I'll use the 90 minutes allocated.
I'd prefer to pax with folks I know...hopefully without a Salez 'Hexecootive holding his/her/it's order pad.
Not buying..just going for the craic & some personal catch-ups.
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby John H » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Wandered into a different Mazda dealers this afternoon, a new MK4 sitting in the forecourt, in the rather fetching new colour of "Ceramic" (pale grey). It was tipping with rain. Salesman asked if I'd like to drive it, answer was yes, of course.

Jings, it's small. Feels a bit cramped compared to my 3.5, although two up in the rain is not the best intro. I only had a short drive, a few miles, but it has a rather toy like feel I thought. Not sure. I'll reserve judgement till I drive it properly.

John H
John H

Postby iainf » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:53 pm

If you fancy a go there are a few spaces left at the VIP drives they Saturday and Sunday?
Iain Fleming
National Events | Branding, Press & PR | Merchandise www.mx5oc.co.uk/store
iainf
OC Member
Iain Fleming
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby John H » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 am

iainf wrote:If you fancy a go there are a few spaces left at the VIP drives they Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks, I'm already booked.
John H

Postby Chelios » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Spotted in Aberdeen today.

1.5 (16"wheels), Sport (leather seats). Not sure about the colour...

Chelios

Postby John H » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Very well organised Mazda event this afternoon, held at Archerfield, a fabulous private estate on the banks of the Forth near N Berwick. Was invited to choose a colour (white, 1500, thank you) which was already pre-programmed with a 1 hour route round some really excellent country roads in east Lothian, really pretty and quite deserted. Driving solo, not accompanied. Car feels much more like my old MK1, albeit brought up to date. Warmed to it after a few miles and by the finish I was really enjoying the drive. Very sweet and light to drive. Not fast, but feels very alive. A good combination for todays roads. My only caveat is that it is very small, and might be a challenge for anyone of larger size.

Dscn8166.jpg

Dscn8148.jpg

Dscn8151.jpg
John H

Return to General Chat