New mk2 owner

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

New mk2 owner

Postby Ca33ag3 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Hey folks my names Jason, so I bought a Mk2 just after xmas with the intention of taking it apart to learn about how cars work and how to fix them but instad ive grown to love my car. Its comfortable, it tackles corner amazingly and is generally just pleasurable to drive. With that in mind it makes me feel like im ruining the car now by turning her into a drifter.

So the reason I decided to join here is because I was on the way home from my mates one night in my mx5 and as I came onto a roundabout just outside of Suchie/Fishcross (Clackmannanshire) I ended up at the back of a bunch of mx5's on a cruise, I think they were on the way back from a pub meet (had a look on the website once I got home) and as I turned away from them I got a thumbs up from the rear driver, I really wanted to follow and stop and chat to these guys but I had uni work due in a couple days time and had to get on with it.

Im inTillicoultry in Clackmannashire and my mk2 is white with a black bonnet and boot and blue wheels, I want to meet some fellow mx5 enthusiats and learn more about this car as so far its the nicest car ive driven. I was invited to a tech meet this weekend but unfortunately due to work I cant make it.
Ca33ag3

Re: New mk2 owner

Postby drumtochty » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Welome to the forum Ca33ag3 that would be the Central Scotland group.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby special k » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:54 am

Ca33ag3

Welcome to the forum. It was myself that gave you a wave. The 3 of us were indeed heading back from a pub night/meet in Stirling to Dunfermline area so as it was a nice night we had a mini run back. Tops down enjoying the stars. Keep an eye on the forum & you will find that there are various opportunities to meet & greet Central members to find out about the club. If you need any info or assistance with techie stuff then there are loads of guys/gals on the forum who can pass on there experiences & advice.

Welcome to the forum & enjoy the wee car
special k
OC Member
Steven Kilpatrick
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DrewN » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi Jason,
Welcome to the forum. I was the lead car of three that evening and am also Tilly born and bred but now an adopted Fifer.
Hopefully you will be able to attend a future event to meet up with us.
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Postby Ca33ag3 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:51 am

Thanks for posting guys, I did try to post about you guys way back at that night but sadly it took a while to get my account activated, apologies for not replying to this post sooner Ive been busy with work and other stuff. You guys are pretty much the reason I signed up to this site and I hope that in the near future that we have th chance to meet. Unfortunately I work on Sundays and most nights of the week but I am sure I will find a night I can meet up with you guys sometime
Ca33ag3

Postby OldSpice » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:12 am

Hi Jason.
I think I may have glimpsed you car on my way out to Sterling Mills for our monthly handbag & shoes Retail Therapy "experience".
( I tend to go for an epic Death by Chocolate muffin & latte you-know-where with a newspaper while SWMBO does her stuff. :lol:
We were in our BRG Mk1.
PS...try not to drift too near Tulliallan! :wink:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby Ca33ag3 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks for the warning haha, after my last attempt I think it will be a while before she goes drifitng again, I still need to weld the diff so e last time I trid it didnt quite kick out properly and I ended up bouncing off the kerb which bent the wishbone, track rod and shock. Those are fixed now but now the thread for the sparkplug in one of the cylinders is gone so im just waiting on parts to retap the cylinder now :)
Ca33ag3

Return to New Users