Cobra Time

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Re: Cobra Time

Postby IanH » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Stonehaven wrote:Do you guys think the 'road' version is the way to go? Family say it can be my Father's Day Pressie :D

I don't want as loud as my old SC B Spec with the MX5 parts exhaust, but I would like more sound than my old Carerra in non-sport mode.

Ready to buy as long as I can find someone with it in stock. EBay seems to have best prices, but some are three week delivery.

I'm definitely biased in that I think the road one is the way to go, definitely on the RC, the hard top can accentuate boom and drone. I have seen reports on one of the many fora of someone taking the race one off a car, Larry seems to like his though (soft top IIRC).
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Stonehaven » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Have ordered Road version, should be here end of next week.
Mk3.5 RC Sport Tech and Range Rover TDV8 - back in a 5 after five years of Porsches - everyone should own a 911 at some point

past: 95 Mazdaspeed B Spec MS13, R Ltd, 96 Gleneagles, 91 1.6 (killed), 95 California x2, 90G 1.6 + 5 more 5s

OC Member 3068
Stonehaven

Postby IanH » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:41 pm

This is a video I made from my NC1 with my first Cobra Road.

http://youtu.be/S690UEf-Grw
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby drumtochty » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:50 pm

We thought that the Mk3 and Mk3.5 had a different standard Mazda rear silencer.

This is not the case. The Mk3, Mk3.5 and the Mk3.75 have the same standard Mazda rear silencer.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Stonehaven » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Never mind the Borla would have meant cutting mid pipe so more of a PIA fit and everyone seems pleased with the Cobra. If all goes to plan should be at my office on Friday. Andy Milne (Rockdoc) had my car yesterday and loved it, although we agree it needs more noise and a bit more acceleration. Now I need to stay away from BBR or the 5 could start heading towards 911 money and my wife still wants a new kitchen!
Mk3.5 RC Sport Tech and Range Rover TDV8 - back in a 5 after five years of Porsches - everyone should own a 911 at some point

past: 95 Mazdaspeed B Spec MS13, R Ltd, 96 Gleneagles, 91 1.6 (killed), 95 California x2, 90G 1.6 + 5 more 5s

OC Member 3068
Stonehaven

Postby IanH » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Does this mean Andy could be tempted back to a 5?

I've toyed with the idea of the BBR 200 package, one of the local members has had it done to his NC1 and is pretty happy with it, just a fair distance to go to have it done (and a volatile oil price meaning discretionary spending is not as free as before...).

Manifold replacement seems to be the way to go to for a normally aspirated power boost, I think Roddisons will also sell a replacement manifold as well as various other tuning options.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery