New Member Aberdeen

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

New Member Aberdeen

Postby jimme69 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker having owned my '5 for about 2 years now, deciding to get more actively involved now as the car is going to stay with me for the long run and I need all the help I can get keeping her up to scratch!!!

She's a black 1992 Eunos Roadster 1.6 with about 70k miles on the clock in very solid condition, no rust but age is definitely starting to catch up on her. Spec at the moment is fairly standard, she's got an LSD, wooden Nardi steering wheel, genuine Eunos strut brace and a HKS induction kit, no idea how much of this was on the car when it was imported around 2004. The only modification I have made was fitting Spax PSX suspension all round as the originals were shot, not a bad kit but definitely compromised. Maintenance wise she's just had regular services and I treated her to some new head lamps as the old ones didn't match, she's been the most reliable car I've owned despite being the oldest!

As I've said above I've made the decision that I'm going to keep the car for the long run, I was considering selling and going for something new but a drive on Tuesday, with the roof down and chasing the red line on every shift, has convinced me otherwise. With this in mind I want to keep her in tip tip condition so the plans, in no particular order, are as follows;

1. New roof - The current one is past its best with a cloudy window and stitching that's slowly degrading.
2. Fix blowing exhaust
3. Replace engine bay hoses - noticed that the breather hoses to the cam cover are a bit brittle so be aswell to replace the lot
4. Full wax and underseal - not been done in about 18 months
5. Sort out interior trim rattles - they are many and increasing, wish me luck!
6. Front suspension and steering overhaul - some clunks, rattles and noticeable play in things.
7. Full service, including brake pads
8. Interior deep clean and replacement of carpet underlay
9. Blow over to deal with blemishes and stone chips
10. Spoiler removal
11. Improved shocks and springs

Not a short list but I'm sure it will grow. Would love to give the car a bit more ooomph so would love to look into forced induction or ITBs but the priority has to be getting the car ship shape first.

Thanks for having me!

Greg
jimme69

Re: New Member Aberdeen

Postby IanH » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello Greg and Welcome,

Glad you're keeping the car, they're addictive, 10 years of ownership will testify to that :D

Hope to catch up with you at some point.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: New Member Aberdeen

Postby jimme69 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 am

Cheers Ian, hope so too!

Cheers
jimme69

Return to New Users