Scotty Dugg's NC1

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Scotty Dugg's NC1

Postby Scotty Dugg » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi all,

Not really a new member, but my return to mx5 ownership.

Previously owned a mk2.5 1.6, which I had to sell due to a new job and 50 mile commute. Always missed the 5 and wished I'd of been able to put on all the parts I accumulated for it.

After a stint in an Audi A3 2.0 tdi and Focus ST mk2, I've now come back to a 2.0 Sport NC1 in silver.

ImageMX-5 #1 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

ImageMX-5 #2 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

Couple of mods so far include:

- Stubby Ariel

- Voodoo Gear Knob

- Satin Finish Vent Surrounds (mx5parts)

After getting some money for my birthday and selling off some camera kit I've an mx5 parts exhaust on reserve from IainH and the car booked into get lowering springs and geo alignment done at the end of this month.

I'll try my best to keep this up to date, keep it full of plenty of pictures.

Also a shameless plug for my photography page, all follows welcome: http://www.facebook.com/SBReidPhotography

Cheers,

Scott
Scotty Dugg

Re: Scotty Dugg's NC1

Postby IanN » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Welcome back :)
Good looking car as well.
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby IanH » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:48 am

Looks nice, the chromed tailpipes will go well with that colour :D
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Scotty Dugg » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:52 pm

IanN wrote:Welcome back :)
Good looking car as well.

Thanks Iain, missed having a 5 more than I thought I did!

IanH wrote:Looks nice, the chromed tailpipes will go well with that colour :D

21st can't come soon enough Iain! Itching to get the new mods started, no patience!
Scotty Dugg

Postby Scotty Dugg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Small update:

Finally got some spare time, took the car to get the IainH's old backbox fitted, along with the new straight through centre section - which replaces the damaged old one.

ImageDSC_0011 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

Over the moon with it! certainly is a louder with the centre section added, don't think it's quite subtle anymore, but certainly not "neddy"!

Big thank-you to both IainH and Eddie for helping me fit a few parts last weekend.

Be good to compare it to the your new Cobra Iain.

I'll try get along to a run soon!
Scotty Dugg

Postby IanH » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Looking good :D
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Scotty Dugg » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Daft question time but I figure this is the best place to ask, looking to find out what the paint code for my NC1?

As far as I can tell the 06 plates didn't come with the code on the plaque inside the door.

But from some searching I think it's sunlight silver or liquid silver? Either way paint code 22v?

Can anyone please confirm?

Cheers
Scott
Scotty Dugg

Postby Scotty Dugg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Scotty Dugg wrote:Daft question time but I figure this is the best place to ask, looking to find out what the paint code for my NC1?

As far as I can tell the 06 plates didn't come with the code on the plaque inside the door.

But from some searching I think it's sunlight silver or liquid silver? Either way paint code 22v?

Can anyone please confirm?

Cheers
Scott

Anyone able to help please?

I've had a look but found nothing conclusive, seeing the painter this afternoon when I drop off a friend so hoped to have some info for him.
Scotty Dugg

Postby zebedee » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Most of these links are possibly for American sites, and I don't know if our colours/colors are the same......as they cant even get a Gallon measurement right..:-)
22V Sunlight Silver MIGHT be the one?

Some sites say it is on the VIN plate...not sure will have to look......DOH!!! just went out to the car park...Didn't use the MX5 today :-(

http://www.autolinkmx5.com/boot-lid-mx-5-mk3-silver-22v-with-spoiler-used-7236-p.asp

http://www.paintscratch.com/

2/3rds the way down this page http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Mazda/All/MX-5+Miata/
Sunlight Silver Metallic Mazda Color22VSunlight Silver Metallic 2001 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2002 MX-5 Miata
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2003 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2004 MX-5 Miata
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2005 MX-5 Miata
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2006 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2007 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2008 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
zebedee

Postby Scotty Dugg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:18 pm

zebedee wrote:Most of these links are possibly for American sites, and I don't know if our colours/colors are the same......as they cant even get a Gallon measurement right..:-)
22V Sunlight Silver MIGHT be the one?

Some sites say it is on the VIN plate...not sure will have to look......DOH!!! just went out to the car park...Didn't use the MX5 today :-(

http://www.autolinkmx5.com/boot-lid-mx-5-mk3-silver-22v-with-spoiler-used-7236-p.asp

http://www.paintscratch.com/

2/3rds the way down this page http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Mazda/All/MX-5+Miata/
Sunlight Silver Metallic Mazda Color22VSunlight Silver Metallic 2001 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2002 MX-5 Miata
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2003 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2004 MX-5 Miata
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2005 MX-5 Miata
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2006 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2007 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)
Sunlight Silver Metallic 2008 MX-5 Miata Paint Code (22V)

Thanks again Zebedee, I had a look at a few of them and was going to go with 22V.

As far as my searching goes, some of the earlier mk3's (certainly 06 plates) don't have the paint code on the door plaque. In case someone else is ever searching for it as well.

On a side note I think I'm going down the engine oil/Waxoyl under the car this year, as getting the rust that's already there on the arches remedied, so a DIY underseal is my plan!
Scotty Dugg

Postby Scotty Dugg » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:07 pm

UPDATE: (and it’s along one) - taken from another forum, thought best to update in here as well for all those interested 8)

So, as per my last update, some modifications have actually been carried out....instead of just talked about

Wednesday night saw me drive to Glasgow for a brief stopover before setting off bright and early (read: pissing it down!) for Sheffield.
After just over 4 hours, I finally arrived at Roddisons Motorsport, were I was welcomed by Paul and the guys, who got straight to work on my NC.

Now I know everyone likes pictures so I've done my best to keep the text:picture ratio down.

Not long after getting the car in the air a knocking noise from the rear had been diagnosed.

ImageDSC_0241 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

At some point in its life it’s been on a lift and bent the suspension arms, which have been knocking ever since I got the car!

The culprit in question:

ImageDSC_0242 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

This was replaced with a part from Paul’s plethora of spare suspension parts, After that I was given the tour of Paul’s race cars, some extreme machines. After having a seat in one I’m glad I don’t run a full cage, I’d never be able to get out! I do want to steal a set of Rota's for my 5 though.

ImageDSC_0245 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

Now thinking that everything was hunky dory, I then get another surprise...

ImageDSC_0244 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

Drivers side front spring has had a crack in it for a long time, suspect since I got it! Looks like the garage I bought it from only changed the Passengers side spring, yet another bodge I’ve found from them in my year of NC ownership. Pish! Good thing it was getting changed over anyways.

With no more surprises, a free beast of a sandwich and a cup of coffee the car was ready to be re-assembled and aligned. Now I’m a total newb when it comes to all things suspension, so Paul was nice enough to give me a crash course in all things Toe In/Toe Out and camber. Deciding that due to my low annual mileage a fast road setup would be best, to which my inner “because racecar” was more than fine with!

ImageDSC_0248 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

A quick test drive later and off I went, with one of Rodders guy’s leading the way, to help show me where my hotel was. Sheffield is a confusing place full of roundabouts and traffic lights!!!! Almost Roundaboutception.

Day 2 of my journey so me swing in past Clive at Autotronix before heading back north, for a free dyno run and chat. I’m now sold on getting a 4-1 Manifold, and installing a sports cat to replace my boring lazy cat.

ImageDSC_0253 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

So all in my round trip came in at 844.8 miles!

ImageDSC_0257 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

Can’t thank the guys at Roddisons enough for being so helpful with my car and to Clive for letting me use his rolling road. The people of Sheffield really are a friendly bunch.

I’ll update with some proper car pictures once I’ve had a chance to scrape the salt and crap off my car, but I’m chuffed with how it sits and handles now.

Thanks for reading,

Scott
Scotty Dugg

Postby Scotty Dugg » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:34 pm

So after a year and a half (almost) of ownership, that's the car sold.

Sad to see it go, but onwards and upwards, not sure I'll be back in an mx-5 but I've been known to say that before :lol:

Last shot of it before it sold:

ImageNC1 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
Scotty Dugg

Postby zebedee » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Great photo.

Sorry we never got to meet, but I did bump in to Liam last night in your car.
zebedee

Postby Scotty Dugg » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 am

zebedee wrote:Great photo.

Sorry we never got to meet, but I did bump in to Liam last night in your car.

Cheers Zeb, indeed just never worked out, did you? How's her getting on with it? Did message me on the day he got it but not heard much since.

Everyone was smitten with his uncle's green mx5!
Scotty Dugg

Return to New Users