Hopefull New member from Elgin

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hopefull New member from Elgin

Postby 5tfb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:03 am

Hi all, Hopefully I will be joining the Club in the next few weeks. I'm from Elgin and am in process of finding an MX5, wanted a Mk3 2.0 sport and have seen one for sale in Dundee. On speaking to current owner who has had car for 2 years he stated that the previous owner was a mx5 Club member from Inverurie. The car is a Red 2.0 sport coupe (MA08ZXW). Was wondering if car is known to members pictures look good but personal knowledge always better. Am going to see car end next week with a friend, who is on holliday till then. Sorry to ask but any places areas I should be looking at on the coupe. Very much looking forward to getting into Club and attending events. Am giving up the bike :( , so the mx5 is the next best thing for me. On than note anybody fancy a nice clean BMW F800R. :lol:

Many thanks

Tom
Elgin, Moray.
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Hopefull New member from Elgin

Postby IanH » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:40 am

Hi Tom,

Hope you find the car that you like, an 08 PRHT should be in good condition. I'm one of the Grampian coordinators and live just outside Inverurie, the car doesn't immediately come to mind, that doesn't mean it wasn't owned by a local club member, there are quite a few people who are club members and don't come to many or any events.

Nothing too particular to be concerned about, accident damage, regular service history, not necessarily dealer as long at has been done. Mazda wheels tend to crumble, not much you can do about it so if they're in reasonable condition then I wouldn't be too concerned. Isolated reports of problems with the roof mechanism (and it is fairly rare), check for even movement and proper seating without clicks from the mechanism. Arch corrosion may be starting to appear (mines an 06 and I had work done last year), have a good look around these, definitely repairable if caught in time.

I bought my first 5 after giving up bikes over 10 years ago, never looked back :D

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby 5tfb » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi Ian thanks for tip will at to my list of what to look at, is the front or mainly back. Looked at the pics in Picasso of your car, your car looks the business and very very clean. Thanks for info. Just waiting brother to come up next week to look at car with me, always better with a second set of eyes.

Tom
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby mattgraham » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:01 am

Welcome!

Maybe see you around, I'll be in my Green MK1.
'06 MK3 2.0 Sport - Summer
'14 Fabia Monte Carlo - Winter
mattgraham
OC Member
Matt Graham
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:22 am

My arches were the rears that got done, the guy that did them had another 06 coming in with the fronts needing attention too thiugh :?
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby The Als » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi there, we are Ally and Al, the ALs and we are just up the road from you in Lossiemouth.
We've got a 2007 Z Sport (MX55 ALS) and are part of the Hi5s, which is the Highland and Moray part of the Owners Club.

Hope to see you soon at a meet or a run, good luck getting your car.

Al of The ALs
The Als
OC Member
Ally & Al Carle
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 5tfb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Als, think I noticed a ZSport in near water. Hope to meet up at next get together with new car if all goes well on sunday, when I see it. HPI all good so getting excited now. Don't tell the Mrs cause the car is for her Birthday in the end September.

Hello Ian on HPI report it stated that the previous owner possibly from Inver had plate 5MXV on car if that rings any bells.

Hope to see you all soon.

Tom :D
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 5tfb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:41 am

That's the deal done, just back from a 220 mile round trip to test drive the 5, all good done deal,back down the road to collect tomorrow night. :D

Tom
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Charles Sinclair » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Tom,

That is great news - and welcome to the wonderfull world of MX5's!

Obviously now you have the car you will want to go out and play and it just so happens that a lot of us are heading down to Motormania at Grantown on Sunday - why not come along and join us?

After the show we will be going for a wee run out to Ruthven barracks then back to Boat of Garten for some supper.

You are very welcome to join us and meet some like minded souls.

Keep an eye on the main Highland & Moray ( Hi -5's) site for more details. There will also be some folk along from both Grampian and Tayside groups too.
Charles Sinclair

Postby 5tfb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks Charles, will defo be there, looked at site and said leaving from Dfs at inverness, but no time mentioned. Just trying to talk the mrs into coming along as the car is really hers for her big birthday at end of month. And will even have her plate on it when docs arrive. V5 FMB.

Tom
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Chuck and Gill » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi Tom

That's great news.

Do try and encourage your wife to join you - we are quite a sociable crew.

We are just finalising arrangements at the moment - but details will be on the website in the next couple of days.

Once the details are up - just post a reply so we know you are coming, and do let us know if you want to join us for supper as we need to let the hotel know numbers in advance.

Look forward to meeting you BOTH on Sunday.

Charles.
Charles & Gillian Sinclair
Area Coordinators Highland & Moray
Chuck and Gill
OC Member
Gillian & Charles Sinclair
Highland & Moray Coordinator

Postby 5tfb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks Charles, will do, going to get sorted today to joint club officially, on that note noticed when cleaning car that it already has a mx5oc tax disk holder, well that's nice till the end of the month when we won't need one.

tom
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Charles Sinclair » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Tom,
That's all the details up on the Highland & Moray part of the website for Motormania.

I hope you are still planning to come along, and if so can you post a message either here or on the website that you do intend to come along and whether you want to meet up with us in Inverness( DFS Car Park 10am) or alternatively at the lay by in Ferness(11am). That way we can make sure we don't miss you.

Charles.
Charles Sinclair

Postby 5tfb » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Charles would it be ok if I meet at Ferness, is it the lay by just before you reach the cross roads coming from foress, or is it on the nairn to grant on road.

Looking forward to meeting all members, trying to convince Mrs B (fiona) as it is her Car is her birthday pressie. Won't be eating, as have to rush home as have to travel down to Glasgow for a appointment at 11.00. Was looking at MX 5 OC site and planning to joins in the next few days.

Tom
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Charles Sinclair » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:27 am

Hi Tom,

Nice to meet you yesterday, and I hope you enjoyed your day with us.

Let me know if you do decide to become a member - you would be very welcome.

Charles.
Charles Sinclair

Postby 5tfb » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi Charles, yes thanks has a nice day out and will be on the MX5 side soon.

Tom

PS put my first order in today with MX5 parts. Ouch.
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 5tfb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:17 am

That's me done the deal MX5 OC membership number 64156. :P

Tom
5tfb
OC Member
Tom Beith
MX-5 OC Club Member