Just joined from Fife

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Just joined from Fife

Postby AndyC » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi all,

Just joined (mostly to ask about the 25th anniversary edition), but I am a big fan of the MX-5. I had a Mrk2 Indiana from 2004 to 2009 and currently have a Mrk3 (pictured below at hardknott pass, Cumbria). Any way I'm thinking of getting a 25th Anniversary edition, are there any gotcha's for this ? It does look like a gorgeous car though !

Andy
AndyC

Re: Just joined from Fife

Postby drumtochty » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 pm

The main Gotcha is depreciation after a few years when a new model comes out, the secondhand price of the old model has to drop quicker to allow main dealers to sell the secondhand new models appearing on the market at a highish prices to make new buyers think they will not lose money on the new car they are about to buy.

If you are buying a secondhand car, say a three year old ND, you would want a big discount to buy a similar age NC, four years or so from now.

In saying that it will be at least a year before large numbers of ND cars arrive on the road.

Therefore buying a run out NC is only sensible if you get a very large discount or a very good trade in on any existing car you have.

Oh, welcome to the forum AndyC.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Just joined from Fife

Postby IanN » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:45 am

Welcome to the forum :D

The 25th anniversary is a stunning car, but paying top dollar for a run out model :?
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Return to New Users