My 2002 Phoenix

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

My 2002 Phoenix

Postby Jim E » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Well due to a very nice chap selling these wheels on here, She got new Alloys and rubber, all the new stuff fitted it now running so just the new Rear box and front lights, clock covers to be flocked and the alloy rings on the clocks...next month I think

still got to go in for the TLC to the sills ..... work goes on :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Image Image
Jim E

Re: My 2002 Phoenix

Postby petrov » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Jim

quite fancy that type of number plate where from ?

ps nice car
petrov

Postby Jim E » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi Petrov.. Cheers. 8)

used this lot http://www.craigsplates.com/ dont get the one with the border on it, had to cut mine off as kept folding over when trying to fit....to be honest, I made an complete arse of fitting mine and have a couple of creases so need a new one.. :(
Image Image
Jim E

Postby Jim E » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Bugger next month.. New twin back box ordered, clock cover sent to be "Flocked" and new chrome rings and centers for dials ordered, bugger it I'll go poor for a couple of weeks and wife will of course kill me (unless its sunny and she gets the keys) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image
Jim E

Postby Jim E » Mon May 16, 2011 6:16 pm

update....
finished inside,"Flocked" instrument cover done, and chrome rings and centers on,handbrake and sleeve finished.

Angels fitted and working, never wired up the three LEDs across the top....

Twin pipe back box is now fitted and she is into the body shop tomorrow.....I would love to say she is finished but as I see other ideas that not going to happen :twisted:
Image Image
Jim E

Postby amri » Mon May 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi! I'm a fellow phoenix owner and I just had to say yours like fab. Love seeing other peoples mods :)

I've only replaced the repeaters so far and fixed some minor dents ( not mine might I add!) Will work on some lights next and maybe treat myself to some new speakers!

Anyway here is my Harriet :)

uploadfromtaptalk1305584923295.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
amri

Postby Jim E » Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Looks great :D , Luv your hard top.....
Image Image
Jim E

Postby Jim E » Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Well that Her in the body shop to get the sills some TLC and a couple of other bits and bobs.... The stick on plate is no more due to a planned clampdown by the Local police on "Odd" plates.. So a side bracket is on route from Autolink (seen one on the rather nice blue MK2.5 on sale up north of me on here) Craigs plates have done a decent SCO legal square on.... job done !

Pulled out the DVD player to refit as the fitting method used before was a bit pump and looked terrible :? , found a site on Amazon that did a double din fitting kit, I think this will solve my problem. :D

Still not found the proper matts for Her so a custom made set of Rubber ones will do for Work.

still not started under the bonnet, this will be started after the bodywork is done.......
Image Image
Jim E

Postby Jim E » Thu May 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Back From Body shop.... Sills now 100% rust free now and rear wheel arches done, even threw on the boot rack, got some bags to take with me when doing stuff, thats my excuse any roads..lol...well chuffed :D

Image Image
Jim E

Postby Jim E » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 pm

A wee update...As you see Sharky is alive and well even after getting attacked by a Council building in January :lol: ...Now on six years of ownership..

taken today 22/03/2012 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D excellent weather eh ?

Image Image
Jim E

Postby JimF » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Looking good Jim
JimF
OC Member
Jim Ford
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby melat0nin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Jim E

Very nice Phoenix!!

I have a Phoenix too -- they are beautiful cars. Mine's showing some bubbling on the nearside rear arch which I want to nip in the bud -- which body shop did you use? I'm over in Edinburgh so would like something local but am willing to travel to get good work done.

Laurence
melat0nin

Postby drumtochty » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 pm

melat0nin wrote:Hi Jim E

Mine's showing some bubbling on the nearside rear arch which I want to nip in the bud -- which body shop did you use? I'm over in Edinburgh so would like something local but am willing to travel to get good work done.

Laurence

Sorry but unlikley you will nip that in the bud as there are probably quite a few more buds just about to break the surface if not this summer but over the winter.

I and quite a number of members here have used North Isla Street Motors in Dundee and have had great results.

Bad news is we are talking circa £400 a side to replace the arches with new half wing replacement panels.

A touch up will last at best a year.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby melat0nin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 pm

drumtochty wrote:
melat0nin wrote:Hi Jim E

Mine's showing some bubbling on the nearside rear arch which I want to nip in the bud -- which body shop did you use? I'm over in Edinburgh so would like something local but am willing to travel to get good work done.

Laurence

Sorry but unlikley you will nip that in the bud as there are probably quite a few more buds just about to break the surface if not this summer but over the winter.

I and quite a number of members here have used North Isla Street Motors in Dundee and have had great results.

Bad news is we are talking circa £400 a side to replace the arches with new half wing replacement panels.

A touch up will last at best a year.

eddie

Gulp.

Not sure what's best to do then -- invest in a full repair now or let it go for a while?
melat0nin

Postby drumtochty » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm quoting prices per side and if one side is gone now it's unlikley that the other side is far away.

Sorry to give you the bad news, had both rear wings done on my 99 Mk2, December 2010 and now need to replace the offside front wing but they are bolt on and a ready painted one from a scrap yards is lots cheaper.

The front wing was rusting from the inside as well.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Jim E » Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Both my Sills need some TLC at the rear... mate of mine cut out the rust and lead filled them for a shade under £500....This included a bit of paint to the nose where the stick on plate was.....

My car goes into storage in June for two months..This will put my plans to trade Her for a MK 3 on hold...Thems the brakes as they say.... :? :? :? :? :? :?

good news is when i get back think i will throw some TLc at Her and keep Her.......
Image Image
Jim E

Postby melat0nin » Mon May 28, 2012 11:55 am

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I got a quote from Edinburgh Sports Cars to do by n/s arch (cut out rust, new metal, repaint + feather into door) for £600. Does that sound about right? I took the car round a couple of weeks ago and their man Colin had a look at it and he seemed to know what he was talking about, but 600 seems quite a lot to me. Maybe I'm just tight :P
melat0nin

Postby Jim E » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Hello All

Just dropped in to say Goodbye.... Not been about for a fair while and now have sold the MX, the 8 years I had it had been a blast but needs must however I did sell Her to a chap who was going to give Her some deserved TLC...So she will still be about on the road.

AS for me I bought a Z4 for a wee change, yes Not as good to throw into a corner as the MX but easier on the pocket and a bit more power for me at this time due to work.

Thanks for all the advice you have given me over the years and it was nice to meet the club members on the very few occasions i could make it...

Regards

Jim.
Image Image
Jim E

Return to Photo Gallery