steering kickback over rough road surface

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

steering kickback over rough road surface

Postby moffatcam » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi All

Cameron here.

I have a Black MX5 NC 1.8 option pack which I've owned for the last 6 years which is my Summer toy.

I have always noticed that the steering kicks back slightly over rough road surfaces, pot holes etc.

I fitted the Eibach Pro lowering spring set to the Car last year.

This greatly improved the handling and looks of the Car (less tail happy) and has slightly improved the steering kickback.

I'm looking for any advice on how to eliminate the annoying steering kickback and was thinking of having a full suspension Geometry carried out at CLCM in Sighthill, Edinburgh. Do you think this would eliminate this steering kickback. The reason I ask is that I've driven several MX5 MK3 and Mk3.5 and they all had the same steering kickback issue that mine has.

I am having reservations about getting the suspension Geometry adjusted as the Car handles brilliantly and the tyre wear is even and I don't want to make matters worse.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
moffatcam

Re: steering kickback over rough road surface

Postby OldSpice » Thu May 01, 2014 8:08 am

moffatcam wrote:Hi All

Cameron here.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Cameron.
If in doubt...leave out. Progrip in Larbert :wink: John does not need to ask questions and keeps presets for our cars on file. Often as not, these presets have been supplied by no less than the famous Wheels in Motion Mx5 genius Tony Bones "dahn saff"
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Re: steering kickback over rough road surface

Postby moffatcam » Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeh

I'll leave the Car as it is.

Much obliged.
moffatcam

Return to New Users