Light blue Mk3

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

Light blue Mk3

Postby standfree93 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Exchanged a wave with a light blue, MK3 this morning on Anderson Drive beside Queens Road roundabout.
Anyone on here? :)
standfree93

Re: Light blue Mk3

Postby IanH » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:44 pm

I followed a light blue (Winning Blue) MK3 from Westhill to Kintore last night, it's one of the best colours that there has been on the MK3 :D
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby standfree93 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:31 pm

It looked great. Done a bit of googling and it appears this was the colour I saw.
Aquatic Blue.

(Picture from google)

standfree93

Postby iain cooper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:58 am

looks like one of the sport graphite models which came in silver, blue and red ?

mine is silver

Iain
iain cooper

Postby DrewN » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 am

Who took a picture of our car - oops number plate is wrong.
Must agree colour is great but my wife isn't sure and it's her car!!!
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Postby raveydave76 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:14 pm

IanH wrote:I followed a light blue (Winning Blue) MK3 from Westhill to Kintore last night, it's one of the best colours that there has been on the MK3 :D

Ian - I think that was me heading for home. I drive that route every day. Were you in a non-MX5 or was I not checking my mirrors?! :roll: I usually see them. There is another winning blue effort on the roads around these parts with a personalised numberplate that I've spotted but only one. No idea why Mazda ditched the colour in 2006...

Thoroughly enjoying having her since the end of last summer. She needs an MOT so I'm crossing my fingers that she'll get through without too much hassle.

Incidentally, on the way home last night I saw a '56 plate navy hardtop flash and wave just the other side of Mason Lodge. Gave her a quick wave back. After doing the same to a heap of other MX5s on the road and getting zero response I'd given up hope. It should be a must in the Highway Code!

Cheers,
Dave
2007 Mk3 2.0 Winning Blue
raveydave76
OC Member
Dave Miller

Postby raveydave76 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:19 pm

standfree93 wrote:Exchanged a wave with a light blue, MK3 this morning on Anderson Drive beside Queens Road roundabout.

If it was a Winning Blue with a Northern Irish number plate, it was probably my Mrs heading into work. Probably abut 0815-0825 ish?
2007 Mk3 2.0 Winning Blue
raveydave76
OC Member
Dave Miller

Postby IanH » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:49 pm

raveydave76 wrote:
IanH wrote:I followed a light blue (Winning Blue) MK3 from Westhill to Kintore last night, it's one of the best colours that there has been on the MK3 :D

Ian - I think that was me heading for home. I drive that route every day. Were you in a non-MX5 or was I not checking my mirrors?! :roll: I usually see them. There is another winning blue effort on the roads around these parts with a personalised numberplate that I've spotted but only one. No idea why Mazda ditched the colour in 2006...

Thoroughly enjoying having her since the end of last summer. She needs an MOT so I'm crossing my fingers that she'll get through without too much hassle.

Incidentally, on the way home last night I saw a '56 plate navy hardtop flash and wave just the other side of Mason Lodge. Gave her a quick wave back. After doing the same to a heap of other MX5s on the road and getting zero response I'd given up hope. It should be a must in the Highway Code!

Cheers,
Dave

I was in mine, there was a van between us though so you're forgiven for not spotting it :D
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby standfree93 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:40 am

raveydave76 wrote:
standfree93 wrote:Exchanged a wave with a light blue, MK3 this morning on Anderson Drive beside Queens Road roundabout.

If it was a Winning Blue with a Northern Irish number plate, it was probably my Mrs heading into work. Probably abut 0815-0825 ish?

It was later In the morning. Around 11:30.
standfree93

Return to Spotted!