Another new member in Edinburgh

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Another new member in Edinburgh

Postby Tristdac » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:01 am

Hi guys/gals

New member today.. just signed up!

If you'd asked me a year ago, I wouldn't even have considered an MX but when my partner bought a 2000 Mk2 1.8 about a year ago, I found myself secretly taking it out for a spin when she went to work at the weekends. I was doing this so much that I decided to buy my own 2003 Mk2.5 1.8 Nevada a couple of months ago. It's been slightly modified (lowered, racing seats & harness), which I'm not quite used to yet coming from larger, more comfortable cars, but still a brilliant little car. I plan to do a track day or two (already been bought one of these instructed lessons at Knockhill) and maybe some longer tours with the missus when the weathers better.

Was just reading the sticky above... what's the deal with the OC? Are you all members? Benefits?

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and I'm sure I'll see you about.

Tristan
Tristdac

Re: Another new member in Edinburgh

Postby KenG » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Afternoon Tristan

Welcome to the '5' forum where there is always something to inform or entertain.

I was an OC member with my other '5' but haven't yet made the decision to join up. it's a personal choice.......bit like the question "what's your favourite model or mark"? I ran the mark 2.5 SVT Sport for a number of years and am now running a 2.0 litre 3.5. For me the 3.5 is a bit more grown up and does everything i would expect of it. i suspect the SVT Sport was a bit to uncompromising in it's suspension set-up for me to use it everyday in the pot-hole capital of the world!!

What are you running?

Regards

Ken
KenG

Postby KenG » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 pm

Yeah should read before hitting the send bitton!!! That'll be the 2.5 Nevada :oops:

ken
KenG

Postby IanN » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi Ken

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of MX-5 ownership.

As you've probably gathered this is the Scottish website of the National MX-5 Owners Club.

National website link: https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/

The majority of our members are fully paid up members of the national club with the many advantages that that brings. There are also many more non members who simply use the forum for information. Feel free to have a look at the future events that are happening just on your doorstep. You would be made very welcome should you wish to attend one or two before committing yourself to actually joining the club.

Central Scotland Events: http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php ... on=central
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby gm » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:45 am

Welcome, If you are fancying some track day action, why not book for Monday 31st march ? There are several of us mk1 owners who will be up at knockhill giving their cars a good workout. If you are not ready to take your own car on the track just yet, I'm sure we can find you a passenger seat for a few laps.

Info here

http://trackdays.knockhill.com/trackday.php

Let's see some pics of your cars anyway !
gm

Postby DrewN » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:20 am

Hi Tristan,
Welcome to the forum.
I agree with all that Ian has said. If you join (for a miserly £35!!!) you get a glossy bi monthly award winning magazine and a tamperproof road tax disc holder. Bet you can't wait!
But the best part of membership is meeting like minded enthusiasts who have fun in a brilliant car. Come along on a run to try us out. You will be made very welcome, but in the meantime enjoy the forum.
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Postby Tristdac » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey Guys

Thanks for the info and welcomes. GM, that looks a like a total blast! I'll def meet up sometime at Knockhill as I'm a total trackday virgin. Would love to come on 31st but will be on my long overdue holiday. May looks like the next time I'll be able to make it. Gotta do some fixing-up first anyway. Couple electrical issues. I've got a few safety spec questions for you all but will post those in the correct place another time.

Thanks again

Tristan
Tristdac

Postby Dumfriesman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Welcome Tristdac
I see you have a harness already....why not come along to Kames circuit at Muirkirk on April 13th...see what we are doing...Eunos Ecosse
www.eunosecosse.co.uk
explains it all...we will be happy to chat with you.
Dumfriesman
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to New Users