Chuffed to bits in Ayrshire

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Chuffed to bits in Ayrshire

Postby CraigC » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi All,

Just got my first MX5 last week a 2006 Mk3 1.8 which I have to thank my wife for as it was one 40th birthday present I wasn't expecting :D but have already enjoyed a few little trips around Ayrshire, sadly with the hood still up :( can't wait for some fair West Coast weather to get the hood down. Like me she has a few miles under her belt (the car not the wife before anyone asks) and a few imperfections which with a bit of luck, money and time I'll get rectified (again the car not me), although a new soft top is top priority due to a tear in current one. Not an Owners Club member yet but that should come in January after the expense of Christmas is over.

Quick question, I've searched online for hood replacement in Scotland but have come up blank with anywhere that does it or even a rough cost, any suggestions? I noticed one member Richard Nicol seems to do them and gets highly rated going by the forum is this correct and does he still do them?

On another note may I say fantastic forum guys and girls and it seems to have a wealth of information and advice available and everyone happy to help each other. Hopefully I can contribute something useful sometime, but until then keep up the good work.

CraigC
I am tall, the car is low.......looks like it's time for the hair to blow

CraigC

Re: Chuffed to bits in Ayrshire

Postby IanH » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Craig,

Welcome :D

Richard's page seems to go to a dead link, I know he moved south so don't know if his coverage currently extends up here, if it does it's well worth the effort to go there.

I spotted this http://www.borders-hoods.co.uk/ though know nothing about them.

Cheers
Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby slartibartfast » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Welcome ! :D

Enjoy your new toy. They are great in winter as well with the top down .. just wrap up warm and max-up the heater !
slartibartfast
OC Member

Postby mike13 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:28 pm

IanH wrote:Hi Craig,

Welcome :D

Richard's page seems to go to a dead link, I know he moved south so don't know if his coverage currently extends up here, if it does it's well worth the effort to go there.

I spotted this http://www.borders-hoods.co.uk/ though know nothing about them.

Cheers
Ian

I got a vinyl roof with glass window fitted in August by Border hoods,it was on a Sunday so they did it at one of their houses in Peebles.I went for lunch up the high street,took 2 hours in total,nice guys,would recommend them.
mike13

Postby CraigC » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks Guys,

IanH and Mike13 thanks for the web address and the recommendation, one to look at for the hood.

slartibartfast If I have my way so long as it's dry the hood will be down as much as possible, after all that's the idea behind an MX5 is it not :D
I am tall, the car is low.......looks like it's time for the hair to blow

CraigC

Postby DrewN » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi Craig,
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great information on how to get the best from a superb car can be found here as you say.
Also you would be made very welcome if you join the Owners Club.
We have several west coast members from Largs, West Kilbride etc in the Central Scotland section. Another member from that area would be great.
Hope to see you on a run in 2014.
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Return to New Users