2012 German Mx5 rally

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

2012 German Mx5 rally

Postby tjay » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi, last year Jen and I decided that we were going to the German Mx5 rally in Hann Munden. They call it the T.i.D.M. "The Treffen (meet) in the middle"
Hann Munden being supposedly in the middle of Germany !!
We went in our Motorhome with our Mx5 Mk3 on a trailer ! Once there we caught up with Riscahard and Maureen from the Grampian area mx5's.
Upon our arrival at the rally site we were made very welcome by all that were there, who were amazed that two Scottish couples were at their rally !
Lot's happened over the weekend, lots of stall holders selling everything Mx5's !! bars, eateries and entertainment, demonstrations of all things for all models of Mx5's !! almost too much to see.
Some of the club members sowed some interest in coming to the Spring Rally in Pitlochry so I handed out flyers that I had taken with me, made lots of new friends,saw lots of stunning cars,had more than a few drinks, all in all we had a ball. run out was brilliant with over 100 cars on the Sunday run !!
Several friends we made came to Pitlochry and stayed over and had a holiday in Scotland and Jen and I have been invited back again in 2014 !!
Today I received a you tube link from the 2012 rally and if you watch it hopefully you will like what you see and if you keep your eye on it you will see a motorhome at the bottom of the fence with a Saltire flying above it !! that us where we had several late night sessions with our new German friends.
We are thinking of repeating this again next year so, if interested please let me know and I will see what can be arranged.
In the meantime watch the video and enjoy.
You tube link -- http://www.youtube.com http://youtu.be/pwvrBCqEnn8
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Photo Gallery