Soon to be MX 5 Mk 2 Owner - Found Mine!!

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Soon to be MX 5 Mk 2 Owner - Found Mine!!

Postby mysmeg » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:27 am

Pick up my 2003 1.8 silver Angels SE in the morning!! She is a wee gem with no rust and immaculate throughout. I took a mechanic with me and all is good. I can honestly say the car has been loved and almost looks preserved. I have a decent drive to get to know her when i take her home tomorrow. No doubt I will have a question or two over next wee while and will post pics. Thanks for everyone's advice on the forum. Im not going to sleep tonight - feel like a kid! Mags
mysmeg

Re: Soon to be MX 5 Mk 2 Owner - Found Mine!!

Postby IanN » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:15 am

Happy days ahead for you, have fun :)
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Enjoy your new car
JimF
OC Member
Jim Ford
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby tjay » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi and welcome to club and forum, be prepared to be grinning from ear to ear as you drive about in it especially as weather is supposed to be good.
Smile more when the roof is down,drive safe and enjoy !!
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby mysmeg » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 am

Thanks, yeah, day 3 and your right It has put a huge smile on my face, so much fun! Im glad I went for 1.8 too. Had the roof down last night as it was a lovely evening. Now I know what people mean when they say a car "corners like she is on rails" !
On closer inspection there is indeed an area of rust that needs to be addressed at the rear wheel arch on the drivers side, bit bubbley but overall the car has great bodywork. Im supposing I should get that seen to sooner rather than later?

:D
mysmeg

Postby drumtochty » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 am

Before the next MOT as it may show rust underneath. it will cost circa £400 a side to have the arches done. That's a replacement half rear wing. Do not try to just get it painted only as it will be through again in months as it is rusting from inside out.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby mysmeg » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 am

drumtochty wrote:Before the next MOT as it may show rust underneath. it will cost circa £400 a side to have the arches done. That's a replacement half rear wing. Do not try to just get it painted only as it will be through again in months as it is rusting from inside out.

eddie

Cheers Eddie, that is a fair bit of cash, but I want to keep this car for a long time. The MOT is up July next year. The car has done 3k in 18 months, (genuine) all checked out. I have a 4 week old receipt from arnold clark, for new break shoes, pads, calipers and full service which is great - breaks are squealing a little though? Overall Im a very very happy lady :D
mysmeg

Postby drumtochty » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 pm

I had to do both side, the boot lid need resprayed and one the front wing need done as well so it was sore.

In saying that you may get away with it if the underside is ok as it is cosmetic.

Running older cars is not that much cheaper than taking the hit from depreciation from a newer small car!

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to New Users