First Run In My '5!

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

First Run In My '5!

Postby 5alive » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:04 am

Ok, so only one picture but i loved the first day in the wee thing. Gorgeous day and roasting hot. Cant wait for the next trip out in it! 8)

From Glenrothes, through Milnathort, over Glendevon, through Gleneagles, Crieff, Comrie, to Loch Earn, then up Glen Ogle, Through Crianlarich, Tyndrum and many miles through the Highlands towards Fort William where there is some awesome scenery. Also plenty laybys to stop where there were Pipers playing, dont get anymore Scottish than that!!! 8)

Picture in Loch earn-head watersport centre car park, where we stopped for food and to watch some water-sports! 8)

Last edited by 5alive on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
5alive

Re: First Run In My '5!

Postby Czinski » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Looking good - but then I would say that, it's the spit of mine (although mine isn't lowered!)
How do you find it rides being lowered and on 16s? I find the 16s give a bit of a harsh ride on poor roads even with standard suspension, great on smooth roads but there's precious few of them about!
Cracking day for a drive today, I had to go down to a site in Cumbria for work, never usually use the '5 for work but given the weather this morning I would have been a fool not to take the opportunity to get paid to do 260 miles with the roof down!
2001 Mk2.5 Silver S-Vt Sport 1.8
Czinski

Postby Dax » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:04 am

Car looking great, be prepared to use a lot of petrol if we get a good summer, driving a 5 is VERY addictive, i know somone who went 30 miles for a pint of milk and he lives 200 yards from a supermarket :lol:
Dax

Postby tjay » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 am

Hi, 5alive nice looking car plus in a nice location and fab foto ! all in one place !! Hope to see you on some of our runs, we know have a few fifer's who come out to play ! oops should come our for a run.
Like Gavin says, why go for a short run when a longer one is better, like the lowered look and the wheels, just ordered a set of lowering springs for my Mk3, did on last one last year and was very impressed on the improvement in the handling.
Found out last year on run to Skye, but the run back from Kinlochewe to Kyleakin was a blast,when we meet up I can tell you more about it. Ask Richard (alias "Faither " and Maureen (Grampian members ) about our "spirited run" back to our B & B !! lol !!! :D
Whatever enjoy the 5 !!
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 5alive » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 am

Czinski wrote:Looking good - but then I would say that, it's the spit of mine (although mine isn't lowered!)
How do you find it rides being lowered and on 16s? I find the 16s give a bit of a harsh ride on poor roads even with standard suspension, great on smooth roads but there's precious few of them about!
Cracking day for a drive today, I had to go down to a site in Cumbria for work, never usually use the '5 for work but given the weather this morning I would have been a fool not to take the opportunity to get paid to do 260 miles with the roof down!

Thanks, it looks so much better lowered i think- i didnt like it at all at standard height!

I never really drove it before i lowered it, but id say it drives perfectly fine and comfortably with it being lowered. I did have a problem with rear srings going coil-bound over big humps on highland back roads but hopefully ive solved that (See another thread ive started). Good to hear you managed to get some paid time in the sun, in the '5! 8)

Dax wrote:Car looking great, be prepared to use a lot of petrol if we get a good summer, driving a 5 is VERY addictive, i know somone who went 30 miles for a pint of milk and he lives 200 yards from a supermarket :lol:

Yeh, i cannot wait to get it out in the sun again! Didnt plan on going as far as we did at the weekend either, a bit like the 30mile trip for milk, love that!! :lol:

tjay wrote:Hi, 5alive nice looking car plus in a nice location and fab foto ! all in one place !! Hope to see you on some of our runs, we know have a few fifer's who come out to play ! oops should come our for a run.
Like Gavin says, why go for a short run when a longer one is better, like the lowered look and the wheels, just ordered a set of lowering springs for my Mk3, did on last one last year and was very impressed on the improvement in the handling.
Found out last year on run to Skye, but the run back from Kinlochewe to Kyleakin was a blast,when we meet up I can tell you more about it. Ask Richard (alias "Faither " and Maureen (Grampian members ) about our "spirited run" back to our B & B !! lol !!! :D
Whatever enjoy the 5 !!

Cheers tjay, make sure you upload pictures of before/ after lowering too! To be honest i mostly done it for looks, but it is like a go-kart too!! Hopefully ill be able to catch up with some of yous on a run some time! :D
5alive

Postby RichandMo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 pm

190 miles planned for Friday
120 miles planned for Saturday
250 miles planned for Sunday

All in all looks like the makings of a great weekend with the Hi-5s, can feel the smile on my face growing as I write this :D

Enjoy the car and many runs

Tom, you need to arrange one your famed spirited drives for this year...mind you might need to get some new boots
RichandMo
OC Member
Richard Parker
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 5alive » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:36 pm

RichandMo wrote:190 miles planned for Friday
120 miles planned for Saturday
250 miles planned for Sunday

All in all looks like the makings of a great weekend with the Hi-5s, can feel the smile on my face growing as I write this :D

Enjoy the car and many runs

Tom, you need to arrange one your famed spirited drives for this year...mind you might need to get some new boots

Is that club runs, or your own organised trips? Where will all these miles be done? 8)
5alive

Postby RichandMo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

runs will be part club and part own...just looked at the forecast for the weekend...all good :D ...thinking might extend Sunday to an epic :D :D ...Applecross to Collieston via Durness...according to the google thingmie 428 miles and 12 hours taking in some spectacular roads and scenery of the west coast...will I make it???
RichandMo
OC Member
Richard Parker
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby aging eejit » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:24 pm

5Alive....nice car, enjoy.

thinking might extend Sunday to an epic ...Applecross to Collieston via Durness...according to the google thingmie 428 miles and 12 hours taking in some spectacular roads and scenery of the west coast...will I make it???

Go for it Richard, I reckon 15 fags, 3 cludgie breaks, 2 coffees and one tankful should just about do it :)

Alex.
aging eejit

Postby volvocad » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Don't know how you drive Alex but a full tank in mine won't last that long ?? :twisted:
volvocad

Postby tjay » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi Richard, you said, Tom, you need to arrange one your famed spirited drives for this year...mind you might need to get some new boots. will arrange a wee soujorn for sometime in September where we can stay "oot fer the Saturday night" if enough are interested.
Can ask the Fifers in the guise of Kenny<Fiona, Sandy and Margeret as they seem to know some nice cheap places where after a good days driving we can stop for a night, a meal and washed down by a few drinks, smacking my lips thinking about it.
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 5alive » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 am

Cheers.

Forecast does look very good for weekend, ive got the 5 in getting a few wee bubbles fixed so hopefully i get it back in time for weekend fun!!

428miles is nearly double what i done last sunday, and i was out all day, on twisty roads, enjoying the scenery snd sun. We were stopped at numerous places too right enough!

Hope everyone has some 'fun in the sun' this weekend ;)
5alive

Return to Photo Gallery