Homo mx5

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Homo mx5

Postby Kuszpit » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi folks.

My names Luke. Am 20 and just got myself my first mx5. Always viewed these as a girly little car like many others until i drove one and loved it so much, I have had a range of cars and for a while was a sale tech for Audi so i have drove rs3's rs5's R8's and all the others etc. but the little mx5 puts a bigger smile on my face than those for what it is.

I have already carried out a good few mods so no standard pics and have loads more i want to do to it. So thought i would make a build thread as of now.

Am very hands on and love cars so carry out all the work myself.
Heres My previous cars in order:

BMW E36 318is Coupe

before

after

VW POLO 1.4 16v

before

during

after

VW GOLF MK2 1.6 cl > 2.8 VR6 conversion project.

before

after

VW GOLF Mk3 VR6 (had two of these, no pics of my other one though, much the same as this but it was a 3door)

BMW E36 328is Coupe

Before

After (not finished, swapped this with a mate who liked it)

And now so far. The homo Mx5

and some parts arrived to be fitted.

Plans are to just use and abuse it tbh, Going through my bike test atm so thats where my speed thrills will come from but this little toy will do me until i fancy a change to a 240sx

I hope yous like and i will try and keep the build thread going as and when i can :)

Look forward to looking through everyone elses threads :)

thanks
Luke :)
Kuszpit

Re: Homo mx5

Postby drumtochty » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Luke

Welcome to the forum keep an eye out on the site for some runs in the early spring.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Kuszpit » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks i will do :)
Kuszpit

Postby Dax » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Ahh thats easy to spot, il keep my eyes out for ya. very nice BTW. 8)
Dax

Postby intibet23 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 pm

That VW POLO 1.4 16v is gorgeous mate...keep up the good work
intibet23
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby scotty-bod » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 pm

i thought i recognised the username, then i spotted the polo. I used to own a silver polo GTi and i was actually looking at buying yours before i got mine.
scotty-bod

Postby Kuszpit » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 pm

So i thought i would update this with a few things ive been upto with the Mx5. Its going to be pic heavy but who doesn’t love pictures instead of reading 
There only iphone pictures but you’ll get the idea 
First off i started to fit my import back plinth
Only to find the bulb holders were different when i bought some led bulbs. so it stayed off for a bit till they got delivered.
So until then i got a new gear gaitor
Decided to detango the sidelights even though i need new ones as these are cracked
Whilst sorting the lights i decided side markers would look good so i ordered 4 501 bulb holders and got cracking
I also changed the wiring loom on the sidelights to give me a larger side light but smaller indicator and added LED bulb’s
I undersealed the car and decided since the brakes were shocking from not being replaced by the previous owner i would replace the whole lot. So new callipers on the rear along with new disc and pads all round and the bleeding the system with ate superblue its safe to say they are now fantastic compared to before.
Who needs boot space
The seats needed new subframes. My mate had made some but they were just make shift and weren’t safe so i decided to order new ones. Seats fitted so much better and lower like the originals once the new subframes were fitted
Then these turned up  so was time to fit them and the rear plinth
Then filled down and fitted everything
Decided i would like an ipod kit in the car so fitted this
Spotted nibbling so ordered new leads
Also tidied up my mates dodgy sleepy eye wiring
Got the roll bar in
A few adjustments to the handbrake
New alternator belt and alternator fitted
So the winter wheels are on with full snow tyres
Was bored so decided to do this to them
Then it was time to hit the slopes so a few from my trip up the mountains 
And then one taking from the mates missus after a nice walk on Saturday
Thanks for looking folks. Plans are to get my exhaust on and just use it for a few blasts to the slopes at the moment then some new wheels for summer also want new coilovers cause the stance is none existent just now.
Thanks
Luke
Kuszpit

Postby Dax » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:46 am

Looking good, i like what you did with the I pod, very clever. how is your car in the snow ? 8)
Dax

Postby tjay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 am

Hi and welcome to both club and forum, You have done a lot of work to your car, looks fab,as some else has said love where you put your Ipod,very nice, out of site too !! bonus,interior looks great, like the seats (even though i would not be able to get in/out of them !! lol !!
As eddi says keep an eye on the forum for regional runs,you will be welcome at any of them.
Lastly, those wheels ! why that colur ? not my favourite but it's great to be different too !! it would be a bugger if we were all the same eh !
Hope to meet up sometime,take care and drive safe !!
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Kuszpit » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks chaps.

Yeh will try and get along to some runs. The wheels... well. i didnt like the way they looked, they were curbed and had corrosion on the spokes. and because they were just for winter i didnt want to be taken seriously incase people thought they were my good wheels, so an easy way was to just paint them john deere green :D got brand new rubber for new wheels but still deciding what to go for.

It was fantastic in the snow, so much fun and plowed through. got stuck once and it was on the bottom picture because i beached myself on the snow and the wheels were pretty much off the ground.
Kuszpit

Postby Kuszpit » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi folks,

Bit of an update.

We had a little bit of nice weather here, pretty rare is scotland. So thought i would make the most of it and go a wee drive.

The B974 Fettercairn to Banchory via the Cairn' o Mount is on my door step. So a wee trip on that road it was and then along the Slug Road to Stonehaven for a nice ice cream.

As we were leaving

And then at the little view point.

The BBS RM's weren't going back on the car so something new was needed. Then these turned up :)
XXR 527's 15x8.25 et 0, with green tuner nuts, also have a black set incase i get bored of the green. I had bought tyres previously which are 185/45/15's.

Then this turned up

Am over the moon with the quality of this, but not the little screws, so some Audi propack torque screws and plastic nuts were used to fit it

The car has bonnet pins just now due to my mate driving it into a phone box. Yes a phone box!

But they had worn so fast because they were just cheap ones with a rubbish finish, so seen as am going to get a new bonnet and bumper i just bought another cheap set but in black this time.

After fitting them, i painted my brakes all round, just a nice black smooth finish so the wheels would look nicer. And then i set of to pick up my wheels from Scott at Motorwerks in Aberdeen who done a top job of fitting the tyres. Theres a good bit of stretch on them which wont be to everyones taste but i like it :)

R27's are useful as vans too :)

Got them on

and decided to paint my badge

So i dont have any good photos of it just now, but new coilovers are needed as the ride height is too high. So next on the list are decent coilovers and get a custom exhaust on it.

Here is a quick pic from my iphone of how it looks now

this was taken yesterday 09,03,13 but then i woke up this morning after fitting my new wheels which were winter tyres to be greated by this today...

Epic fail haha.

Next thing to do is give it a good clean, the red is dying badly so i bought these to help with that.

Thanks for looking guys and hopefully i have some more updates soon :)
Kuszpit

Postby Dax » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm

looking nice with the wheels, but watch the kerbs :cry:
Dax

Postby Malc » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Surely those wheels are illegal - protruding beyond the body so much. :roll:
Malc

Postby Kuszpit » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 pm

:lol: :spam: :lol:
Kuszpit

Postby sarahlc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:05 pm

They are legal, only if the tyre tread protrudes from the arch is it considered illegal, whether it is clever or sensible to have any part of the wheel protruding is a whole different matter.
sarahlc
OC Member
Sarah Close
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Kuszpit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Not too much happening at the moment, I got round to giving it a little clean.

I took it to get a new custom exhaust system today to find I had a fuel leak, so that was a no go. Rebooked in so I can find where it's leaking from and take it from there.

Couple pictures to show that its clean

Kuszpit

Postby sarahlc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:51 pm

Looking very shiny, nice. I had a fuel leak on mine, it turned out to be the fuel tank drain plug that was leaking, they ended up draining the fuel tank replacing a 75 pence washer and then putting the fuel back into the tank.
sarahlc
OC Member
Sarah Close
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Kuszpit » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Sounds like my problem mate, I'll have a look :)
Kuszpit

Postby Kuszpit » Wed May 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Getting the roof down is always a bonus

[url="http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/LukeKuszpit/media/image-5.jpg.html"]Image[/url]
Kuszpit

Postby Kuszpit » Wed May 15, 2013 9:58 pm

So Ailsa's bought a donor car for doodlebus so I managed to get the bonnet and front bumper which were dent free unlike my current ones. But in need of a good polish. So I picked them up which was an interesting drive home with funny looks from every cop I seen.

New meaning to a jap big gay wing.

And got the machine on it between the rain this evening.

Much happier with it, not many stone chips and obviously no big dent :)
Kuszpit

Return to Photo Gallery