TrackScotland @ Knockhill, 30th August

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

TrackScotland @ Knockhill, 30th August

Postby TrackScotland » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Thursday 30th August 2012 6pm to 8pm

http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/forums/v ... php?t=4359

* Open Pit lane 2 hour session from 6-8pm
* NORMAL CIRCUIT LAYOUT
* £80 per CAR with 1 driver - BOOK TRACKDAY
* £10 per additional driver - BOOK ADDITIONAL DRIVER
* Fully Marshalled, any dangerous driving will be dealt with at the event.
* Overtaking on straights only - by consent.

Tickets booked via
Track Scotland Shop

Additional Drivers can be booked HERE

The Online Booking uses PayPal ONLY, so you can only use Credit/Debit Cards VIA PAYPAL FUNDING OPTIONS. If you would prefer not to use PayPal, cheques or bank transfer will be fine. Email for details. fee@trackscotland.co.uk

Please remember we need you to book in advance to make these days happen! Tell your friends and feel free to cross-post on other forums you may use.

We will be running this day with the MINIMUM number possible to try and keep the track quiet. There are aprox 10spaces remaining.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch :)

ak@trackscotland.co.uk
fk@trackscotland.co.uk
TrackScotland

Re: TrackScotland @ Knockhill, 30th August

Postby OldSpice » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:04 am

I presume the "gentleman racer" :roll: in the Supra on Friday last who blinded everyone for a good few laps at the hairpin with burn-out smoke was dealt with?
Unfortunately, my photo of him eventually running out of grip and talent did not come out well, being shrouded again in even more smoke.
The smoke pall above the trail shown was from his previous laps to give you an idea. :shock:
As a fellow spectator commented.." He could be over-compensating for shortcomings in the trouser dept!" :lol:
These unpredictable antics are the only reason why I don't give it a crack myself. Apart from him, everyone else seemed very well behaved.

There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Re: TrackScotland @ Knockhill, 30th August

Postby gm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:57 pm

i couldn't make it to the HQ Garage (not trackscotland) event on friday so cannot comment on the standard of driving but have attended many TrackScotland events over the years and have never had a problem with bad drivers.

i have just booked a 'knockhills own' tracknight for this thursday (reverse direction, 2 hours, £60, spaces still available) and will be definitely signing up for the trackscotland event at the end of the month.

if anyone is uncertain about taking their own car on track, i would suggest coming along to one of the events and signing on as a passenger. most folk will be happy to take you out for a few passenger laps and let you see for yourself what goes on.

gm

Return to Motorsport