GRA - Not the Moray Scone Run - 21st August

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

GRA - Not the Moray Scone Run - 21st August

Postby IanH » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 am

We’ll gather at 0845 at Morrisons, Inverurie for an 0900 departure along some familiar, and not so familiar, roads to Kennethmont, Rhynie, Dufftown, Tomintoul, Nethy Bridge and Inverdruie to the Jack Drake Alpine Nursery at Kincraig for Coffee and Gateau (and hopefully a sighting of red squirrels, Woodpeckers, etc).

The return journey will take us up the old A9 to Carrbridge then to Dulnain Bridge, Grantown on Spey, Knockando, Dufftown, the Cabrach, Alford, Monymusk and back to Inverurie. On our return route, we could stop for a picnic lunch if the weather is suitable. Otherwise we could get some sustenance at the Old Fire Station in Tomintoul – just don’t ask for a sausage bap!

Total distance will be about 200 miles.

Please sign up at this link http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?event_id=530 by Thursday 18th so that we know who all to expect at Inverurie.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: GRA - Not the Moray Scone Run - 21st August

Postby GRWP » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 pm

I hope you guys (and gals) had a great run - This was going to be one of the few I was going to manage to come to, and was really looking forward to it - until one of my wheel bearings decided to howl... must get it fixed soon, hate to miss another brilliant one....

George
George R W Paterson
==================
2002 Mazda MX-5 Phoenix 1.8i SE - Black
2007 Land Rover Freelander 2 - Blue
2003 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat - Blue
2000 Triumph Daytona 955i - Blue
GRWP
OC Member
George Paterson
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: GRA - Not the Moray Scone Run - 21st August

Postby liathach » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:18 pm

We had a great time! Report should be posted shortly.
Liathach
liathach
OC Member
Malcolm Lamont

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside