Knockhill 1st July

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

Knockhill 1st July

Postby NickD » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Those of you that visit the MoT website or read Soft Top Hardtop will be aware that we are running a series of special trackdays ahead of Ma5da Racing weekend events. The goal is to grow stronger ties between the racing and club communities and the events are special in they make allowance for two race car only test sessions within the day. (Road cars get their own exclusive time too!)
The series kicked off very successfully on Silverstone GP Arena circuit on the first of March and the "circus" arrives at Knockhill after Castle Combe, on Friday 1st July. It's our first visit to Knockhill and also for a lot of the Ma5da Racing drivers too so it is certain to be a popular day and weekend. Mazda on Track Drivers Club members get a £35 discount (as well as discounts of road insurance from REIS )
It would be great to see you there as I am aware that circuits do not abound in Scotland and that most main OC events are south of the boarder.

We always have top class instruction and we offer a free instruction session for novices as well as our ever popular Welcome to Track scheme.

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/knockhill ... -428-p.asp
Last edited by NickD on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazda on Track. Motorsport for Mazdas
NickD

Re: Knockhill 1st July

Postby IanN » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:04 am

2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby NickD » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:22 am

IanN wrote:Check out this link as well :D

http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?event_id=506

Wow, look at that :o :D

I do hope that we can get plenty of Scottish MX-5 drivers to come and join us on track on this day. Track driving is tremendous fun, and quite addictive and far safer and infinitely more sensible than trying to do the same thing on the road.
We offer free top draw instruction for novices and even if you have done this before at £25 for an instruction session it is one of the cheapest performance upgrades you can get. Come and make a weekend of it and make some new friends. Ma5da Racing are a very friendly bunch and you can see most of them on TV or on the Internet if you look for the TV channel on MX5PARTS website.

Finally, I am aware there are a couple of videos that show poor driving and thanks to the wonders of the internet forum they say this is how you drive at Knockhill. It is not, Knockhill is no different from any other UK circuit which applies very high driving standards. So if you happen to come across these comments or videos please rest assured that while we expect people to be giving it the beans on track we will have no problem at all removing anyone who does not abide by trackday practices of non competitive driving, over taking by consent and being courteous to other drivers.
NickD

Postby NickD » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 pm

We also appreciate that the opportunities to utilise Mazda on Track Drivers Club membership is few and far between in Scotland so I have set up a special discount code that will reduce the cost by £25

The code is MX5OC-SCOTLAND

You need to enter it in the discount box on the shop checkout in upper case as it is written above. :mrgreen:
NickD

Postby kevham » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:09 am

Having attended the very first Mazda On Track day at Llandow a few years back, you can be assured that these guys know their stuff and run quality days for Mazda enthusiasts. Great to see you finally getting up to Knockhill. I think I'm going on holiday that weekend so I'm not sure if I'll make it along but if I'm around, I'll pop over and say hello.

Cheers,

Kev
1998 Mk2 1.8i - owned 2004-2010
1998 Mk2 Roadster VS - sold to MX5parts.co.uk
1994 Mk1 1.8iS - owned 1998-2001

Visit my blog www.racingfive.co.uk
kevham

Postby HIGHLAND TIGER » Mon May 02, 2011 11:01 am

We offer free top draw instruction for novices and even if you have done this before at £25 for an instruction session it is one of the cheapest performance upgrades you can get.

This looks like a great offer, thank you. :D Would you confirm we have to join MOT in order to book a training session and please provide more details: what it involves, car provided or in own car, insurance, duration e.t.c.
Regards,

Graham K

http://www.highlandtiger.com
HIGHLAND TIGER

Postby IanN » Mon May 02, 2011 2:46 pm

57TGZ wrote:
We offer free top draw instruction for novices and even if you have done this before at £25 for an instruction session it is one of the cheapest performance upgrades you can get.

This looks like a great offer, thank you. :D Would you confirm we have to join MOT in order to book a training session and please provide more details: what it involves, car provided or in own car, insurance, duration e.t.c.

My understanding of this is that this is an extra that you can add on to the MOT trackday.

Trackday on its own with the £25 club discount for non MOT members is £205

The same package with instruction would be £230

Full details can be found on the MOT website http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/knockhill ... -428-p.asp
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby NickD » Tue May 03, 2011 10:21 am

57TGZ wrote:

Hi Graham,

Tuition sessions are to have a qualified instructor sit in your car with you as you drive and guide you round the circuit. They are suitable for absolute beginners through to experienced drivers and I consider then the best performance upgrade you can have.
Right at this moment I don't know if we will be able to offer Welcome to Track in its normal format as I don't know if we will have a car available, however that decision will become a lot easier to make if we have a number of people that want that.
Nick
NickD

Postby NickD » Sat May 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Two drivers signed up, well done, thank you. :mrgreen:
NickD

Postby iainf » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Nick
Will you be here yourself?
(not by yourself but in person!)
Iain Fleming
National Events | Branding, Press & PR | Merchandise www.mx5oc.co.uk/store
iainf
OC Member
Iain Fleming
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby NickD » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:53 pm

iainf wrote:Nick
Will you be here yourself?
(not by yourself but in person!)

I will indeed be there.
NickD

Postby PaulDS » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 am

When did the additional drivers change from 2 to 1 ?
When I originally booked, the notice said I could bring 2 drivers, both my son-in-laws are coming along and expecting to drive my car on the track along with me. Does this change make a difference as only one can drive my car at a time ???
PaulDS

Postby Gavin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 am

As far as I know only one person can drive at a time. Joke :lol:
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby iainf » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 am

Dual Controls?

That would be a laugh round Knockhill, you steer passenger brake and accelerate...
I could not think of anything more terrifying
Iain Fleming
National Events | Branding, Press & PR | Merchandise www.mx5oc.co.uk/store
iainf
OC Member
Iain Fleming
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Gavin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:40 am

Dual control in a 5. Now that would be a laugh. :lol:
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Richardn » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 am

iainf wrote:Dual Controls?

That would be a laugh round Knockhill, you steer passenger brake and accelerate...
I could not think of anything more terrifying

Sounds like a Citroen :lol:
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby PaulDS » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 am

:P

Bunch of smart a***s.
PaulDS

Return to Motorsport