FIRST MX5SCOTLAND trackday for 5 years (Now Cancelled)

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

Re: FIRST MX5SCOTLAND trackday for 5 years

Postby IanH » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:06 pm

OldSpice wrote:I would suggest that's a reasonable calculated risk with a relatively disposable 2nd car/dedicated track dog.

Is it really? What if down to some circumstance beyond your control you damaged another vehicle or worse caused injury, without insurance of some kind? Not for me.....

I love going on a track in the right circumstances and appropriate vehicle and am happy to pay to do so but not in my own daily driver.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby sgibson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm

..well, technically on the track if it was outwith your control and you damaged another vehicle, you are not responsible.

Anyway if anyone has been here long enough to remember the last mx5 trackdays, they will know they are amongst the most well mannered and safest possible, so perhaps newer members could be encouraged to try it out and not be too scared by stories.
sgibson

Postby mk1_salami » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:16 pm

What's happening with this trackday? I've signed up but I've not been asked for a deposit.

Is it still a 'go' or are we waiting on the numbers increasing?
MSPNP, GTI-R T28, FM2 Cast Manifold, BEGI DP, RC550's, F1 Stg 3 Clutch, W/I, Innovate MTX-L, Inconel studs, Gaz Gold Pro, Superlegerra 15x7, Polybushed, Hard Dog, 270whp @ 15psi. 12.5 @ 113.4 mph
mk1_salami

Postby Gavin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Still to get back on to Knockhill, chances are that it will be cancelled.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanN » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:07 pm

This event has now been cancelled.
We are very sorry to have to have to cancel this event which was being looked forward to by our members. Unfortunately we required at least 27 people to sign up to cover the cost of the track time. As we fell far short of this total we had no other option open to us.

But all is not lost, you can still find out first hand what its like to be thundering round the track.

Mazda On Track are holding a track and car control day on Thursday 30th June at Knockhill.

Full details of how to book directly with them can be found at this link:

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/knockhill ... -428-p.asp
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Re: FIRST MX5SCOTLAND trackday for 5 years (Now Cancelled)

Postby rockdoc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Thats a great shame :(

but there are always the Dreadnought nights ( last thursday in evey month) - as an alternative.Very disciplined events -and you get a chance to see/be on track with a varied amount of machinery
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm

There was another option open to you - do as Simon suggested and open it up to other groups of MX-5 enthusiasts who would probably have jumped at the chance and may have given the event a chance of happening.
Hawkeye

Postby IanN » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Hawkeye wrote:There was another option open to you - do as Simon suggested and open it up to other groups of MX-5 enthusiasts who would probably have jumped at the chance and may have given the event a chance of happening.

Unfortunately we had a deadline of the 12th March given by Knockhill to confirm this event.

Due to this deadline we didn't have time to open it up to other groups as suggested. If we had confirmed the event and then failed to gain the required number of entrants the club could have suffered a severe financial loss which would have been very difficult to cover at local level.
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Motorsport