Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Re: Newbie

Postby Richardn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 pm

sbloxxy wrote:Hi Lol, glad you're enjoying the car.
The hood should fold down without having to unzip the glass rear screen. It just needs a bit of a push to encourage it into place along with a bit of 'technique'!
Steve

NO
If you push it down it will split the hood

If it has a zip it needs to be unzipped. A Mk2 hood with glass fits to the frame in a different way to allow room for the window. You cannot do this with a Mk1 hood
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby LolTM » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:22 pm

yeah. I did very gently look at the window/hood issue and it definitely needs to be unzipped. Only takes a few seconds so no problem there - just need to improve the strength in my left arm so I can get the roof up from inside :D

Will also look at the tension bars in the boot to see if there is anything I can do to stop being clunked on the head everytime I get my lunch out at work :)

Apart from that, having great fun and wondering why I never bought one of these gems much sooner!
LolTM
OC Member
Lol Scragg
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby liathach » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Fit the Hunter/(Armstrong?) hood lifter.....................basically trap a loop of nylon tape under the hood lifting handle then attach a strap, usually using a wee karabinier. It's then very easy to grab the strap and haul the roof UPWARDS and forwards. Easy peasy! I am sure a search will provide further info if necessary.
Liathach
liathach
OC Member
Malcolm Lamont

Postby LolTM » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:43 pm

liathach wrote:Fit the Hunter/(Armstrong?) hood lifter.....................basically trap a loop of nylon tape under the hood lifting handle then attach a strap, usually using a wee karabinier. It's then very easy to grab the strap and haul the roof UPWARDS and forwards. Easy peasy! I am sure a search will provide further info if necessary.

Genius! That's a job to do at the weekend (along with replacing the headlamp bulb that went pop last night). And trying to find the fusebox but I'm not going to humiliate myself here by telling you all that I can't find the darned thing....

whoops! :oops:
LolTM
OC Member
Lol Scragg
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby liathach » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:56 pm

The credit belongs to Douglas Hunter and Mino Armstrong! I was just passing on info gleaned from the forum :P
Liathach
liathach
OC Member
Malcolm Lamont

Postby 71NotOut » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:51 am

Ha ha it's funny how things come back around!

After recommending Goodwood Sportscars about 5 years ago in this thread, I find myself having paid a deposit on a lovely 1991 V-Special with the very same guys.

Pics will follow when I pick her up.
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby drumtochty » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:08 am

Which is the danger of living too near to Berwick!
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Richardn » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:48 pm

sbloxxy wrote:Hi Lol, glad you're enjoying the car.
The hood should fold down without having to unzip the glass rear screen. It just needs a bit of a push to encourage it into place along with a bit of 'technique'!
I also seem to recall that you may be able to adjust the tension of the torsion bars that are supposed to hold the boot lid up. Might be worth an internet search on that one.
Steve

NO!!!

That will wreck the rear screen
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Previous

Return to New Users