Lunatic Film Reviews

Post your jokes et al in here.
WARNING: Some users may find content in this forum offensive.

Lunatic Film Reviews

Postby neuromancer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:14 pm

Do you worry about the films your kids might be watching. Fortunatly the Christian Analysis of American Culture (CAP) have reviewed many films for us ranging from Wallace and Gromit (Wanton Violence, reckless driving, irresponsible handling of a firearm, rear male nudity and offence against god (shapeshifting)) and Monsters Inc (entrapment of a child , threat to kill, cheating, trickery, treachery to further the company, implication of nudity ). There is not room here to sumarise their review of Kill Bill :)

It was very noble of them to sit through The Fast and The Furious, Aliens vs Predator, Resident Evil etc. to rate them for us :)

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/index.htm#WLIST
neuromancer

Re: Lunatic Film Reviews

Postby Dalhousie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:49 pm

The sexual content of Toy Story caused offence :twisted:
Not to mention grotesque toy abuse.
Dalhousie
OC Member

Postby Colin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:52 am

A fantastic Web site providing hours of amusement at the expense of lunatic attitudes of certain Christian organisations.

Hilarious!
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby graeme » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 pm

This is from the review of the X files. I don't know what it is, but I'm outraged ;-)

"attempted murder by gubfire, "
graeme

Postby sarahlc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Someone actually sat through the x files film, poor sods!!!!
sarahlc
OC Member
Sarah Close
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Enjay » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 pm

See, I can understand an organisation (Christian or otherwise) wanting to come together to share reviews of movies and perhaps warn/inform people of the kind of content that a film may contain.

However, surely something like "contains explicit scenes of graphic violence throughout" (etc) is all that's needed? When the "advice" actually breaks it down to the number of times that individual acts take place with a brief description of each that could only be only have been recorded by someone sitting taking notes throughout the movie... well, I think I know who the corrupted strange obsessive people that I wouldn't want my kids to be anywhere near are.

Interesting that many movies featuring flying, "levitation" and magic are regarded as portraying dark arts and sins against God but Mary Poppins is regarded as potentially "Angelic".

Also, I wonder which word is considered to be the "most foul of the foul words" because I can think of at least a couple of candidates. :oops:

And the website is a hideously ugly and malfunctioning one with examples from almost every page of the "what not to do on your web page" handbook.

In other words - a good laugh at the expense of obsessive, frothing at the mouth, freaks. :lol:
Enjay

Postby neuromancer » Mon May 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Enjay wrote:However, surely something like "contains explicit scenes of graphic violence throughout" (etc) is all that's needed? When the "advice" actually breaks it down to the number of times that individual acts take place with a brief description of each that could only be only have been recorded by someone sitting taking notes throughout the movie... well, I think I know who the corrupted strange obsessive people that I wouldn't want my kids to be anywhere near are.

Yes I expect they secretly enjoyed watching the violent films. :)
neuromancer

Return to Jokes and Humour