Pics of the Ullapool run

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Pics of the Ullapool run

Postby mnp1962 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:30 pm

The weather was dry but hazy as we set off on the run. We stopped in Ullapool for a coffee & lovely custard tart before heading off on the coastal route to Gairloch & lots of stops for photos. It was on our first stop we were joined by a couple in a MK3 who had been in Inverness for a wedding and were heading back to Glasgow via Skye. They joined in our run on the lovely roads round to Gairloch before they headed off when we stopped for lunch at a great little pub (good call Douglas).
After being fed & watered we headed off on the return leg stopping a couple more times for some more pics.

We had a car count of 4 (5 for a while) which was double the amount of cars on our first run.
At this rate I make it we should have 1,024 cars by our 10th run :lol:

Many thanks to all those that came along, feel free to add any of your own pics to this thread

Martin
MK1 1.6 mariner blue, import
mnp1962

Re: Pics of the Ullapool run

Postby liathach » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:02 pm

First two photos at the car park near Corrieshalloch Gorge looking towards Loch Broom, last one is on the road from Achnasheen to Kinlochewe. Can't work out photos 3 and 4 - help!
Liathach
liathach
OC Member
Malcolm Lamont

Postby mnp1962 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Well spotted for the first two pics and last one.

Pic 3 is at the top of the hill on the A832 driving up through Dundonnel looking over the summer isles.
Pic 4 is on the shores of Loch Maree looking over to Slioch

The A832 is a great drive...

Martin
MK1 1.6 mariner blue, import
mnp1962

Postby liathach » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Doh! I should have recognised the Slioch photo!
Liathach
liathach
OC Member
Malcolm Lamont

Postby HIGHLAND TIGER » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:06 am

:) Great pictures and a great day out Martin, thank you. I uploaded a few pictures on the EVENTS page. Interesting some of our shots are near identical. Would be interesting to compare the originals. I used a UV filter and a ND4 filter. We really covered some ground with good breaks and excellent lunch stop. Particularly helpful to me doubling as a part Recce for the Event I'm organising for the weekend 18-21 June, the SCOTTISH HIGHLAND SOLSTICE FLING base out of Ullapool. Looking forward the next run. Thanks.
Attachments
DSC_2361.JPG
DSC_2396.JPG
DSC_2345.JPG
Regards,

Graham K

http://www.highlandtiger.com
HIGHLAND TIGER

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside