Knockhill 18th April

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

Knockhill 18th April

Postby neuromancer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:12 pm

First SMRC car racing date of the year. Anyone else going?
neuromancer

Re: Knockhill 18th April

Postby neuromancer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Looks like only me then :( - I'll be the lonely silver Mk2.5 at the hairpin car park.
neuromancer

Postby sgibson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 am

I was up there on Sunday in BRG Mk1 parked down near the first bend. I saw another BRG there, a Mk3 and a merlot coloured Mk1.
sgibson

Postby neuromancer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm

sgibson wrote:I was up there on Sunday in BRG Mk1 parked down near the first bend. I saw another BRG there, a Mk3 and a merlot coloured Mk1.

Unfortunately I didn't get up until after lunch and ended up taking another car, not the Mazda :oops: . Racing was OK, pity about the rain. Still I got lots of pictures of cars spinning at the hairpin. :)

I can't make the Rallycross next weekend so the next event for me is the British GT Championship on 8th & 9th May. Always a great show :D
neuromancer

Postby sgibson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Here are some of my pics, not that great, but they got better towards the end when a friend gave me a lesson on aperture ;)

sgibson

Postby JML » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:51 pm

sgibson wrote:I was up there on Sunday in BRG Mk1 parked down near the first bend. I saw another BRG there, a Mk3 and a merlot coloured Mk1.

The Merlot with the hardtop was me. :D

Saw your BRG at Duffus as I was driving around to the hairpin carpark - got parked in among the Fiesta ST OC :mrgreen:

It was a bit cold though, even by Knockhill standards. Hope its warmer for the next one. Nice to see some big grids in most classes.
Jim

'96 Merlot
Supercharged, chargecooled, Konis, Bipes, etc etc etc
JML
OC Member

Postby sgibson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 pm

I saw you driving around at the hairpin then later saw it parked behind the grandstand. The weather was bitterly cold and wet and my choice in jacket for the day can only be classed as 'inappropriate'!
sgibson

Postby neuromancer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 pm

You've got some great pics there. Yes the use of a large apperature gives a great effect of speed by blurring the background. I see that, like me, you find the Historic's and the Sports classes the most interesting.

sgibson wrote:I saw you driving around at the hairpin then later saw it parked behind the grandstand. The weather was bitterly cold and wet and my choice in jacket for the day can only be classed as 'inappropriate'!

Yes I always have to remember to add a 'Knockhill' factor to my clothing, which usually means doubling the number of layers :)
neuromancer

Postby steve172 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 am

The BRG MX5 looked very nice! I was parked just opposite you in my Astra.

Some of my pics from the day are on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/snuffet/
1992 Eunos S-Special in Classic Red
Bilstein and LSD
steve172

Return to Motorsport