NSN - New Area Coordinator

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

NSN - New Area Coordinator

Postby IanH » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

You'll probably have noticed in the Newsletter and also reflected in the contact section of this website that Bill Bennet has passed on the reins of Area Coordinator (AC) for North Scotland North sub area to Martin Pawsey.

I'm sure you'll join me in thanking Bill for his sterling efforts in variations of the AC role over the years and wish Martin all the best in his undertaking and support him where you can.

I look forward to some combined events with NSN over the coming period.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: NSN - New Area Coordinator

Postby mnp1962 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi all

I thought I would put in a quick bit about myself and I'm sure I will get to meet a lot of you on some runs etc over the year.
I'd like second Ian's post by thanking Bill for all his efforts in running the NSN I'm sure we will still be seeing him on the runs.

I guess I've always had a love of the MX5 since they first came out but being just married at the time and buying our first house I just could not justify a second car and at the time no second hand ones for cheap money! Scroll forward to 2004 when I had saved up a bit of spare cash and decided to go and get myself a MK1. I ended up with a black 97 1.8i

It needed a bit of work so spent some more money building a double garage to do some work over the winter
Started to find out what fun it was coming home from a hard days work and stripping down the brakes, exhaust etc and had it all ready for the summer.

Ran it for a couple of years but then work took over and the Mazda spent too much time sitting in the garage. Someone made me a good offer so I sold it :(

A few years later I found myself missing a fun drive at weekends with the wind blowing over my bald head so when I saw one advertised local to me I went and had a look and brought it. It was a red 93 1.6i

Once again I spent the winter getting my hands dirty changing the wings, (wish I knew you do not need to take the front bumper off to get the wing off!!!!)
and doing it up. Got it all ready for the spring

Did not get a chance to drive it as when we were away in Perth for a weekend I saw a brand new 2.0i in Galaxy Grey sitting in a showroom. Had a chat with the manager and after a bit of haggling I put a deposit down on it. Was one of the last NC's before the facelift the following month so they wanted it sold.

Went and picked it up the following week

So thats me up to date. Done a few little mods, clear side repeaters, chrome door handle covers, chrome heater rings, LED sidelights, and last weekend put some red LED footwell lights in that look really good, might post some pics with instructions later. Just brought myself a set of 17" alloys (from a 2.0ltr sport). Going to get them repainted in either a graphite grey or black, get it lowered, Larini Exhaust & a few other things before my darling wife cuts up my credit card :(

I'm really looking forward to my role as the AC and would like to thank everyone for their support. I hope to get to a number of runs to meet everyone and see if we can get the NSN area up & running with some more members and a few runs & pub/chip/coffee meets.

If anyone from the area wants to get in touch please feel free to drop me an e-mail at martin@mx5scotland.co.uk

Regards

Martin
MK1 1.6 mariner blue, import
mnp1962

Postby Colin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 am

Best of luck Martin - as a recent AC I know what you're about to go through, so may your God go with you!
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby Si » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Good luck Martin :-)

From your post above it sounds like you might know a thing or two about the 5 .......

Bill : hope you enjoy your "retirement" ? :)

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby The Pram » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Hello Martin and welcome to the mad house, ahem I mean the Owners Club :mrgreen:

I'm sure you will get heaps of help from the other AC's and folk like Angie who is a really keen member in your area. Bill certainly helped me as I struggled to find my feet.

We have tried to plan a couple of joint events so that you can get a chance to see what happens, not that it takes a lot of figuring out :wink:

If you don't have my contact detials yet then pm me and I'll pass them on.

All the best :mrgreen:
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
2015 1.6 Sport Nav
The Pram

Postby IanN » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi Martin

Congratulations on your promotion to AC for the NSN area. Looking forward to working with you, if I can help in any way please feel free to get in touch.

We are one club, it’s great to see all the Scottish areas pulling together.

Bill enjoy your retirement you deserve it.

Ian
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby BillB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Retirement!!!! That is the problem, I am too busy with damn work to retire!! :( Got too much on my plate at the moment work wise.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby Rostra » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 am

Hey Martin - just managed to catch up with the news. Congratulations, and as you know, anything I can do to help, just let me know. Look forward to exploring the other side of the Loch. See you in April.
Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light.
89 1.6, 90 1.6 - one for each foot.
Rostra

Postby jockmazza » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 am

Hi Martin,
Nice to hear a bit about you and your love of MX-5s.

We will meet up at some point this year.
It's a hectic one for me so it will likely be at the Gathering in October - any truth in the rumour it's being held in Montrose this year?. LOL.

I'm just getting round to saying welcome now, like Colin says.. AC can be busy.

Take care and happy motoring.
John Masterton
I love my MX5s!
jockmazza
OC Member
John Masterton

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside