Vote of thanks for Colin from NSS.

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Vote of thanks for Colin from NSS.

Postby Malc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:39 am

Tonight at our end of season meal, Colin dropped the reins of Area Co-ordinator.:cry:

On behalf of all of the NSS Area members I would like to offer a vote of thanks to Colin for the sterling work he has done as Area Co-ordinator.
Events such as club runs, nights out and chippie runs just don't happen by themselves.
We the members may put forward the plans, but it needs someone to pull all the plans together and keep everyone informed.

Thanks again for all the good work - enjoy your retirement. :wink:
Last edited by Malc on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malc

Postby The Pram » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 am

Indeed, many thanks Colin for being a very supportive fellow AC. I like to think we helped each other (aided and abetted more like) when we both became AC's. Your help and support will be missed, but John makes a fine toasted bagal and coffee so I don't think I'll miss you for too long :wink:
Any time you are in sunny Aiberdeen, ye ken far a bide 8) 8)
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Postby CharlesK » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:44 am

Many thanks Colin for your work as AC, personnaly in particular over the last few monthsfor your assistance in making joint arrangements and also for the very warm welcome received from you when visiting NSS.

Good luck John in your new position and hope the health is improving after the accident

Chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Colin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:50 am

The Pram wrote:Any time you are in sunny Aiberdeen, ye ken far a bide 8) 8)

And again in an earth language... ?!

Thanks Malc, that's very good of you. I've been chuffed by the high level of cooperation I've received in the NSS area in particular and MX-5 Scotland in general. Can't remember a request ever being turned down.

It would be rude to single out anyone, so I'll single out several: Malc MacBain, Dave and Caroline Makein and Tom Morman more than pulled their weight in organising runs. Lorraine "oop north" was a soulmate in the early months; lost count of the number of times we e-mailed each other wondering what on earth an AC does!

And finally Douglas Hunter who not only mentored Lorraine and I as to what an AC actually does do, but was hugely supportive in promoting the MX-5 Scotland family.

Good luck to John - the area's in safe hands!
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby Gavin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:47 pm

All the best Colin. Thanks for your support at the Gathering this year, hopefully we'll meet up again next year. Enjoy the new car.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanN » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi Colin

You can now enjoy your well earned retirement as NSS co-ordinator. Hopefully we'll meet up again somewhere soon.

All the best, you deserve it.

Ian
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Colin, cooperation and Chic... and stuff

Postby jockmazza » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 am

I've realised that an AC probably checks the area forums when he/she is not busy sending emails to her/his flock of fellow member.

I've emailed the NSS Mailing list with a vote of thanks for Colin and some OC events up and coming.

Looking forward to a cracking year. I had a cracking year after August !
I love my MX5s!
jockmazza
OC Member
John Masterton

Postby The Pram » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:30 am

Hello old bean. Glad to see you up and running. If there is anything I can do to help, just shout :lol:
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Postby Colin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks all for the nice stuff.

It'll be nice to sit in the middle of convoys rather than at thr front or back for a change. Don't ask for a lot out of life!
Cheers
Colin
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

car

Postby jockmazza » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Colin, is your old car the 1.8 sport for sale at carnoustie sports cars?

nice
I love my MX5s!
jockmazza
OC Member
John Masterton

Postby IanH » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure Colins car is being driven around by Stevie G up here. The one at Carnoustie looks nice but should be well checked for rust in the usual places, very fixable but if present should be reflected in the price. I'm not sure about current pricing but is that a a teeny bit high or have second hand values appreciated that much?
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Colin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Quite right, Ian, Stevie was good enough to post some photos of the car once he'd blinged it up.

The gentleman appears to have pimped my ride!
Cheers
Colin
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby aging eejit » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 pm

John,

If the car at Carnoustie is blue with some natty white stripes, it's probably Tom's.

Colin,

Just another note to endorse the general theme of appreciation for your organisational skills, time and effort in keeping us all in check through the season. All this talk of you enjoying your retirement though, does that officially make you a pensioner? :lol:
aging eejit

Postby Dalhousie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 am

aging eejit wrote:John,

If the car at Carnoustie is blue with some natty white stripes, it's probably Tom's.

Looks like it's been sold so somebody thought it was worth it. :?

When I bought my MX-5 privately the seller said he'd tried CSC to see if they were interested. He was told they'd give him £1700 and it would go on the forecourt at £2900. Shows the dealer margins. OK they've got warranty & servicing to deduct but still a fair whack of profit.
Dalhousie
OC Member

Many thanks to Colin

Postby Rick and Julie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 am

Hi,
Rick and Julie would like to say thank you to Colin for making us feel so welcome as new members this year. Our BRG mk 1 is due back from the spray shop this week in Bright Atlantic Blue and fully blinged. Will post some pics when we get her back. Best of luck for our new AC John and hope he finds his car soon.
Cheers, Rick and Julie :lol:
Rick and Julie

colin

Postby tjay » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:42 am

:D Hear hear well done Colin nice to have met you and hope to continue it in 2010.I know from past experience it is not all sunshine and roses as an AC !!
Re car at Carnoustie cars it was mine ,now gone to an older man in Forfar who was not to impressed with my stripes and has had them removed !
Who knows he might join the club !!
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside