Sunday 1st August!

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Sunday 1st August!

Postby grouse » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:47 am

Hi!

Up 'til last night we were comitted elsewhere this weekend - noticed that we had an "undecided" day tomorrow...?

Is anyone planning anything?

Gordon & Pauline. :)
grouse

Postby boringchap » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:31 am

Not able to meet up this weekend due to family commitments. If anyone in the North is up for a re-run of last year's excellent Fife run, I'm sure I could hunt around for the route (unless anyone happens to have saved it on their PC?) and we could give it a bash.
Tom.
boringchap
OC Member

Up for it

Postby loftladderman » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:40 am

I am up for a run and a mini meet today if anyone else can make it !
Phone me on 07973 671 103 (Loft Ladders) and lets do it.
If I don't hear from anyone by 10.00 I am offski on my own anyway as I have some running in to do.
New ATC Clutch / New Willwood brakes / etc etc...got to do around 800 miles before they all start working right...so PHONE ME !
Regards from Mack
Greddy Turbo :-)
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

09.53 hrs

Postby loftladderman » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:53 am

Its 09.53 hours !
No phone calls :cry:
No emails :cry:
Everyone still in bed :cry:
OR...is this lovely damp misty east coast weather puting you so called "Soft top motorists" off huh :cry: ?
WUSSES :lol:
I AM OFFSKI :lol:
Enjoy your day whatever you are doing as I intend to enjoy mine even more...byeeeeeeeee :lol:
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Re: Up for it

Postby PaulDS » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:38 pm

[quote="loftladderman"]New ATC Clutch

Hi Mack,
Couldn't make it today, went to get an 'Angel' so I can concentrate on what's happeneing around me instead of being preocupied with my speed dial. Vans all over the place at the moments. Hope you enjoyed your run.
How do you find new clutch? I find it smells of burning if I try to get a quick take off, other than that it's quite sharp and feels tight.
Paaul
Findochty.
PaulDS

Paul

Postby loftladderman » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:20 pm

Hi Pal :-)

New clutch driving me MAD...either ON...or off, with tyres smoking ! ha haaaaaa

Caught me out big time last Sunday on my wee run out.
Turning off the A9 into the Fettercairns turning, nothing coming towards me, into slip lane, at around 55, down into 4th, whanged her across the carriageway, still doing around 55, changed down into 3rd. dumped the clutch and 360'ed in the opening road, just avoiding the keep left sign, and the kerbs.

'Twas an exciting and bum twitching time :-) LOL

I now after a run over to Calander, have 355 miles on the new clutch so it's getting there :-)

I bought the new Road Angel 2 as well, so now I have got a dash board like Concorde ! LOL
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby PaulDS » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:25 pm

Mac, thay's what I like about you, NO half measures, it's total full on or nothing!!! Fly the flag high for us lesser mortals.
Hope to see soon.
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Paul D-S

Postby loftladderman » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:20 pm

Hi Paul
erm..... I forgot to mention I was pacing (we DONT RACE...right !!!) A Scooby down the A9 at the time :-)

He followed me across and when I piroueted, he bottled it !
Slammed his brakes on and kerb jumped...a Flying Scooby :-)

I was at Edzell a good 10 minutes before he showed.
He came over to me where I was giving the dog some water at the back of the car and asked if I was mad ? crazy ? stupid ? or always drove THAT WAY ?

I smiled one of those inane smiles one does on such occassions and replied "Whits the matter SONNY....kin yooo no 380 yours then ....wae yon crappy 4 wheel drive then ? ...should try it son...it's fun" ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa

He stomped off suitably UN-impressed LOL

He didnt like it when I left him for dead on the strip either...used my pals R-500 Westfield ! ha haaaaa

Clutch: Finding it quite hard to use (Stiff) and having notchy gearchanges...so investigated further.
Found the outer gearlever cover split, the inner on split as well, and on removal found what looked like black, sludgy water in the turret !
HAd new boots which I bought from David some time back (SFT) so on they went after a struggle with the old lower one.
Had to ask on the forum HOW to remove it ! LOL
Syphoned old oil / sludge / water out and replenished it with nice new stuff.

Notchy gearchange has gone ...much smoother and the clutch is STILL AS HEAVY ! ha haaaaaaaaa

I would not even try to sit at lights with the clutch down.
No way I could hold it .....and half an inch up --- and I am gone in a cloud of smoking rubber from my Eagles...LOL

Coming back from Richards in Calander the other night very late the A9 was quite quiet for a change and as I know where all the cameras are, I stopped and turned the Gas on :-)

The power delivery is nothing short of awesome when that gas hits the injectors !
You can feel the back end snaking in 3rd and 4th when it feeds in !
I will not say what speed I got her up to in 5th, using my GPS as confirmation, but it was way way way on the wrong side of bye bye license !

Heck.... is double the speed limit NOT legal ??? ha haaaaaaaaaa

Yup, hope to see you soon again Paul.
Have a fun drive out :-)
I am away on Saturday..in the VAN :cry:
Wont be back for at least another 6 or 7 days :cry:
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside