Miata VEight 400HP Z06 Corvette engine

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Miata VEight 400HP Z06 Corvette engine

Postby bfamus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Code: Select all
Hi Scottish friends,

I took some time to come here to share with you the kind of mods I'm actually making on my MX-5 Miata. I've put into it a 2005 Z06 Corvette engine with big brakes and coil over suspension but this is not new....

What shoul shock purists but tese some real tuner is the WIDE and fine bodywork we are doing on this miata that is going to be 12 inches wider than the 2009 Dodge Viper...

Have a look and please... share with me your thoughts...
Thank you all far cousins  !

[url]http://www.bfamus.tv/watch.php?mdid=3775&t=Miata+VEight+Bodylifting+week+3
[/url]

If you like it..  I will come back soon post some pictures during construction and some other videos.  Hope you are going to appreciate

Ciao !
[/code]
Anto
Miata VEight
bfamus

Postby Stonehaven » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Good luck with the project - your car wouldn't fit down most of our Scottish roads... :shock:

I'll post up your link on MX5Nutz for you http://www.mx5nutz.com
Mk3.5 RC Sport Tech and Range Rover TDV8 - back in a 5 after five years of Porsches - everyone should own a 911 at some point

past: 95 Mazdaspeed B Spec MS13, R Ltd, 96 Gleneagles, 91 1.6 (killed), 95 California x2, 90G 1.6 + 5 more 5s

OC Member 3068
Stonehaven

Scottish roadz

Postby bfamus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:30 pm

Yeaaa,
I've been a few times in France and once in England. You have very narrow roads there but I'm sure I would have a lot of fun !

Is there any regulation about those kind of transplantation in Scottland ? I mean inserting big V8 block in a small car like this ?
Anto
Miata VEight
bfamus

Re: Scottish roadz

Postby Stonehaven » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:59 pm

bfamus wrote:Yeaaa,
I've been a few times in France and once in England. You have very narrow roads there but I'm sure I would have a lot of fun !

Is there any regulation about those kind of transplantation in Scottland ? I mean inserting big V8 block in a small car like this ?

Not really but the car still has to pass an MOT and possibly a VOSA inspection if it isn't deemed the same car. Most mods in the UK are turbo or SC on the same engine, but some people have put in old Range Rover v*s and one guy is putting in a Lexus LS400 engine - details on the other forum I mentioned.
Mk3.5 RC Sport Tech and Range Rover TDV8 - back in a 5 after five years of Porsches - everyone should own a 911 at some point

past: 95 Mazdaspeed B Spec MS13, R Ltd, 96 Gleneagles, 91 1.6 (killed), 95 California x2, 90G 1.6 + 5 more 5s

OC Member 3068
Stonehaven

Cultural tendencies

Postby bfamus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Here too,

People mostly modify the actual engine too. Some crazy ones like me like too much the V8 torque and sound and do it but it's nice to see your V8 engine choices... It's like we take what's available :) !!!

Corvette engines are as common here I suppose as LS400 or Rover are for you. I would have a shitty time trying to find and borrow a Rover V8 :) !!!!

Thanks for this cool info !
Anto
Miata VEight
bfamus

Return to Technical