Christmas Run

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Christmas Run

Postby Rob and Margaret » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Car Count 8

We awoke to a white and frosty morning. “I’ll go and scrape the windows” volunteered Paul armed only with a Travel Inn key fob. I would have gone after him to tell him my scraper was in the boot but breakfast had just arrived and he seemed to be doing ok.

Before long we were joined by Glen, on his first run with the club, then Linda, Kenny, Andrew, Andy, Joyce, David and Colin. After a couple of photos we were ready to set off through the mill trail villages of Menstrie, Alva and Dollar which funnily enough attracted children, adults and passing vehicles pointing, waving and tooting at us. It’s strange how a red coat and white beard has an effect on people at this time of year.

Glendevon and Gleneagles are always nice drives however the frost had turned them into a winter wonderland in the bright morning sunshine making them spectacular.

Avoiding the A9 as much as possible we took the local road round the back of the Gleneagles hotel and soon we were at Baxter’s for a warming bowl of soup.

Although the run had finished another plan was forming, when someone said “the Sheriff Muir road would be interesting if it had not been gritted”. What is it about MX5 drivers that make us relish a challenge? Interesting and a lot of fun it certainly was.

Many thanks to everyone who took part and Nikky, Tracy, Paul and Tony for their company the whole weekend and to Colin for being at the tail end.

Rob and Margaret
Rob and Margaret

Return to Central Scotland