Aux .... jack plug

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

Aux .... jack plug

Postby stripelizard » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:33 pm

is there a 3.5mm jack socket anywhere on the factory stereo in a mk2.5 to enable AUX source ? :)

I`d be happy using a direct connection rather than fm transmiter or expensive gubbins to connect my ipod :)
Mark and Haze`s ...1.6i mk2.5 Splash Green Mica,:/ I`m smitten, its her car but will be my passion :)
stripelizard

Postby lowflyer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:14 pm

no jack on the factory stereo - think you will have to go for something like dension to connect your ipod - so it's will need to be the expensive option i'm afraid!

have a look here

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/

or the audiolink from mx5 parts

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info. ... cts_id/940
lowflyer

Postby stripelizard » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:14 pm

cheers Lowflyer,

i changed my stereo in the vectra for a pioneer system with ipod connection as an add on but found it kinda fussy to use, too may folders playlists and buttons, i like the idea of sticking it on shuffle and leave it alone, so i`m thinking the fm transmitter, i use one every day in the truck anyhooo so I`m used to the constant search for the best reception, i was just hoping it had a jack plug, :roll: sooooo much easier :)
Mark and Haze`s ...1.6i mk2.5 Splash Green Mica,:/ I`m smitten, its her car but will be my passion :)
stripelizard

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm

I bought the Audiolink from MX-5 Parts and it's great. It's got a 3.5mm jack socket and also a USB socket. I can create 6 folders on a USB memory stick and fill them with 100 songs each then select them with the buttons on the steering wheel
Hawkeye

Postby stripelizard » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi Hawkeye, thanks for that, seen the one for sale on mx5 parts, does the jack plug on the audio link thingy act like a aux setting, will i be able to set the ipod to shuffle and leave alone if so then it may be for me after all... not bothered about charging the ipod, don`t plan to drive for 14hrs plus (battery life apparently) :)

just need it to be simple like me :)
stripelizard

Postby stripelizard » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:02 pm

looks like it will.. Woohoo :)

cheers lads, somthing else to add to x-mas b/day list :)
stripelizard

Return to ICE and Music