HIFI - WELL, SOUND SYSTEM

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

HIFI - WELL, SOUND SYSTEM

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:39 pm

My Denon multi CD home system has switched itself off permanently, so I'm wondering what to replace it with.

Before you all go mad, I have a 'separates system' upstairs, so we are talking normal background listening, preferably something compact and unobtrusive......

I've been looking at some ipod/mp3 speaker systems and heard the Bose SoundDock today which seemed surprisingly good, and have also seen good reviews of Klipsch iGroove ipod system which is half-price on Amazon just now. with all my music on mp3 now these seem a good option.....price wise Bose is £149 and Klipsch is £69.99......

Any comments or recommendations?
Alex

Postby The Pram » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:32 am

Alex

We have the Bose Sound Dock in the dining room and Clare bought the Klipsch iGroove SXT for her office. It sounds every bit as good as the Bose and is smaller. It's nice in all black too. If we had to choose again then I would have 2 Klipsch's purely on the cost, size and look.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-iGroove ... 270&sr=8-2

Hope that helps.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:56 pm

Thanks for that - confirms Amazon feedback, but you just never know until you hear from a 'real' person.

Dear Santa, I would like....... :D
Alex

Postby The Pram » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:01 pm

A "real" person....wow! I have moved up in the world :lol:

Seriously though, I'm sure you wont be disappointed. It feels like a subtantial bit of kit and not at all cheap and nasty. Do you not have a local hifi shop that might let you hear both systems?

Just a wee note though, it play the new nano but won't charge it. Clare bought the new nano because her very old ipod died. We didnt realise that at the time but it's not really a problem.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Return to ICE and Music