Way Up North

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

Way Up North

Postby Fee » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:07 pm

I was in Orkney with hubby at the weekend (drama festival, we won the Scottish Final!) and spotted the following on my drive home today.

BRG Mk1 in Shell garage in Wick and then he overtook me heading south.

Silver MK1 heading north on A9 at Tain.

I saw one 5 on Orkney and it was a black or very dark blue Mk1, can't remember exactly where it was parked, Kirkwall I think.

What a fabulous run home we had today, the weather was great and the scenery fab. We travelled via Ft William, Inverness, Wick, John O' Groats to Gills Bay where we got the Pentland Ferry to St Margaret's Hope in Orkney, and the same route back home today.
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby BillB » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Hi Fee, now you know the mileage Linda and I used to do when we took on the North of Scotland co-ordinators job :D I hope the weather was kind to you on your visit to Orkney. You would have passed by my house in Golspie on your way North & South.
There are more than just a few '5's in this area but hardly any are members of the club (even though we hit every one we came across with a contact card)

Regards,

Bill
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby sbudge » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:46 pm

Great run Fee, love to do that run up to Orkney, thats where my family comes from years ago!!!.
sbudge

Postby stratos_blue » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:06 pm

Sounds like a good trip Fee , I like Orkney..... but from a trout fishing point of view :D
There is only one satisfying way to boot a computer.
stratos_blue

Postby Fee » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:18 pm

It was a great weekend and the weather was fine, could have been warmer but at least the rain stayed away.

I didn't expect the roads on Orkney to be as good. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting single track, but they are excellent, although could do with some more twisties - they are all very straight.

We did all the sights - Scara Brae (reminded me of hobbits), Scapa Flow (just water, not exciting, I thought there would be ships sticking out of the water but I guess it's deeper than I imagined), Maes Howe (over 5000 years old), Ring of Brodgar (wow! but didn't feel the need to run naked around the stones like Mr Connelly). What else did we see, the Italian Chapel built by Prisoners of War in the second world war, thousands of cows, a few sheep and many bars!

If you have never been to Orkney it's well worth a visit. We would defo go back. Will post some pictures in General tomorrow.

Fee
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby BillB » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:59 am

Fee, I read about your success on the Orcadian newspaper on the web yesterday: http://www.orcadian.co.uk/morenews.htm

well done.

Bill
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby Fee » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:57 pm

Thanks for that link Bill.

Fee
Fee

Postby Richardn » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:30 pm

Was up and down to Dounreay Mon/Tue only 5 i saw was a tourist in a Mk2 I'd seen in Callander at the weekend! Not sunny enough> :lol:
Last edited by Richardn on Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby BillB » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:54 pm

Richard, you should have been here this week, the weather has been scorching since last Friday....the bad thing is I had to damn well work most of the weekend!!!....you know the type of stuff from USA big wigs, user: "My PC is dead, it will not power up at all"... Bill: "have you checked your cables and made sure they are all tightly connected?" User: "No, Ihave a PA who does that for me" .....answer: "switch your damn monitor on you pillock"
BillB

Postby Richardn » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:00 am

That was this week (yesterday and day before!)
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Spotted!