North Scotland again!

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

North Scotland again!

Postby PaulDS » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:50 am

Elaine and myself had a rare, in both senses, day out yesterday (in her silver DelSol) and past a few 5's. Traveled the back roads from Findochty to Lochness saw black Mk1 near P-----garden Abbey, silver Mk2/2.5 not sure, Nairn and lowered red Mk1, like mine west of Culloden all topless. Didn't wave to them though becausae of being in Honda! Roads along east bank of Lochness brilliant for 5's will have to see if we can coax a few out for a run asap.
Also spotted an immaculate looking Black Mk1 in a garage in Elgin, had to stop and have a look, ?3,625. If I had the money and a more understanding wife, I would now be the proud owner of 2 Mx5's
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby kristoff » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:58 am

Paul,

You do have an understanding wife, otherwise you wouldn't have even ONE MX5! If you want two you just have to have the rare art of being able to manipulate to your advantage!

BTW Dee made me sell the white one :roll: I obviously don't have the touch!

Chris
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby PaulDS » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:08 am

kristoff wrote:Paul,

You do have an understanding wife, otherwise you wouldn't have even ONE MX5! If you want two you just have to have the rare art of being able to manipulate to your advantage!

BTW Dee made me sell the white one :roll: I obviously don't have the touch!

Chris

Chris you were my hero, an icon to look up to, but now!!!!!!!!!! and as for Dee, I did think she was a lovely, understanding, empathetic, generous, supportive, considerate, in touch with her husbands deep seated needs, but now I think she is just lovely!
Sorry for your loss, how did you bare it?
Will have to get back in touch with Mac (Loftladderman) and see how he does it.
Keep your chin up.
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby kristoff » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:28 am

We softened the blow by getting a Volvo S40 2.0 SE with all the mod con's, leather interior, cruise control and everything else.

You still can't beat the rawness of the 5 though, rattles and all.

Chris

Dee says 'hi!'
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby BillB » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:00 pm

Paul, do you intend going on the KIldrummy run...if so, can we meet up en-route and have a mini run to Kildrummy...(lets face it, the food is astounding and the company is always first class). Let me know if you plan to go, Linda and I will probably travel East on Saturday afternoon and stay somewhere around your area
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby PaulDS » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:21 am

BillB wrote:Paul, do you intend going on the KIldrummy run...if so, can we meet up en-route and have a mini run to Kildrummy...(lets face it, the food is astounding and the company is always first class). Let me know if you plan to go, Linda and I will probably travel East on Saturday afternoon and stay somewhere around your area

Sorry Bill/Linda can't make the run as we are away south for long w/e, which is a bummer, would have loved to meet up again 1 year later at Kildrummy.
Will have to make this an aniversary run then we can all plan well in advance.
The idea of you coming through prior would have been great, get to know you better (not to good in crowds!).
Will have to try and have a jaunt round Lochness soon. Great roads east bank.
Paul
Findochty.
PaulDS

Return to Spotted!