Callander Classic 28/29th August

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Callander Classic 28/29th August

Postby Richardn » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:10 am

Is everyone who is attending sorted with a Rally Plate and accomodation if attending 2 days?

Numbers staying in Callander would be useful as we are organising a BBq on Saturday night

?6 for the plate allows entry for 2 people and parking on the stand both days. ?4 per person entry (per day) otherwise
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby graeme » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:57 am

All places at Callander have now been taken. I have one or two plaques still to be sent to their respective owners. I am waiting for a couple of cheques to arrive, so there may be a chance to get a place still.
graeme

Callander Classic

Postby grouse » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:48 pm

Due to circumstances..., we can not fully participate on both days, but we are booked into Poppies Hotel on the Saturday night.
Can we be "counted in" for the barbeque, please?
Gordon & Pauline.
grouse

Callander Classic

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:09 pm

And Linda and I if thing go ok in the next few weeks. Graeme, I will send the cheque for the plate ASAP. We have been rather tied up with family issues and have missed a lot of things on the forum.

Regards,

Bill & Linda
BillB

Classic weekend

Postby CharlesK » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:31 pm

Richard

Heather and myself are also booked for Saturday night so if the bbq invite is open we look forward to joining you both

regards

chic
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Callander

Postby Dot and Chas » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:40 pm

We are also staying on the Saturday night so are up for the BBQ!
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby JML » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:53 pm

Hi Graeme, If you have any places left (Sunday only) I'll take one - I might even dig out my Midnight Sun/Switzerland/Reims rally plates if you want to get one over on the Triumph owners :D :D
Email me directly if you have a place, I'm out of the country at the moment :roll:

Edited to add: I am talking complete rubbish, I won't even be in the country that weekend so cant't go anyway. :oops:

Repeat after me - I must not post on the forum late at night after drinking beer
Jim

'96 Merlot
Supercharged, chargecooled, Konis, Bipes, etc etc etc
JML
OC Member

BBQ

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:19 am

Not staying on the Saturday night but hope to be going both days, count us in for the BBQ.

Phil.
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Callendar Classic

Postby Mike and Di » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:49 pm

Will you let us join you on Sunday, more importantly will you speak to us, we will be on the Morgan stand !!!
Heather
There is never a bad day to drive a Mazda
Mike and Di

Postby sandy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:14 pm

Richard

Count Margo and me in for the BBQ
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
sandy
OC Member
Sandy Pettigrew

Postby graeme » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:41 pm

Don't know if we've said, but Christine and I will be there too.
graeme

Callander Classic

Postby JohnPaul » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:18 pm

Hi
I would like to go but i have never been on a run or meet.
So if anyone could give me a price and direction's from Glasgow i will try to talk the wife into going, Also can anyone recommend a good hotel in the area? Also if i can only go for one day which day would be best.
Thanks
JP
OC Member 012***
Soon to own a Mazda 6
JohnPaul

Postby sparkly » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:20 pm

Hi folks, spending happy hour(s) catching up on some of what I've missed during very busy summer. Have our entry plaque to Callander, we are also staying at Poppies (for 3 nts, Fri-Sun) and definitely up for BBQ :D Possible may bring husband's Freelander too -sorry ozone layer- since we have two Westies, who take up the closed-roof parcel shelf. Either they would go there or the folding chairs do, and we want to take both. And if it's warm, that means either us choking with the top up, or Westies flying backwards in the first gust of wind down the main road ...

Anyway, wanted to ask silly question (very good at these, look out for more ;-)) -as first-time ever event attendees, crossed my mind we could make taking 2 cars worthwhile if, when first visitor asked question about load capacity, I could fling open boot and show them hundreds of neatly packed recent paperback fiction - would make an MX-5 boot look massive! And easily pay for double petrol at ?1 a throw ... would that contravene some trading thing?

Also, hello Douglas - was reading about Nat Rally thing, booked the main hotel for myself and motor-mad friend in Telford Sat & Sun recommended by national forum some time ago, but now see your alternative near Stone, which looks interesting stopping point for night before. Look forward to discussing all this when we finally get a chance to meet everyone in Callander - v unpredictable (except for 'v busy in summer') work schedule has made it difficult so far. Enjoyed reading about Largs run, know the Haylie Brae etc well though living on other side of country.

Best to all, Liz n Dave
sparkly

Postby JohnPaul » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:20 pm

I will be there with my wife lorna, and count us in for the BBQ.
Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are also staying at Poppies Hotel (2 nights Fri & Sat ) So if someone want's to show us around and keep us company that would be more than welcome.(Remember we are first timers at a meet or show)
OC Member 012***
Soon to own a Mazda 6
JohnPaul

Postby graeme » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:43 pm

I've checked with the organsiers and it would contravene their trading agreements.
However, he has said that you can download a trade entry form from http://www.callanderclassic.com and for a tenner, get a pitch near to the stand for your Freelander and books.
Hope this helps.
Graeme
graeme

Postby graeme » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:10 pm

Good news. We are allowed to offer a discounted rate for joining the club at the Callander weekend.
OK, it's only good news if you're not a member already and want to join that weekend and are attending Callander, but try not to dampen my good mood eh?
graeme

Postby sparkly » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:42 am

Thanks for checking situation, Graeme, sounds like good idea to take Freelander in and stick it elsewhere with books in it. Free lending library for MX-5 stand participants of course :) !
Good to hear John & Lorna and Gordon & Pauline on Sat also staying same place (we haven't stayed in that one before) - John we're also new to events and arriving late Fri afternoon and hoping to meet up with friends-of-friends from near Doune for a drink, probably in the real ale Waverley? bar on the Fri eve, so we could all go down there if you like? Not finalising arrangements with them til nearer the time.
Liz n Dave
sparkly

Barbecue

Postby graeme » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:32 pm

Richard has suggested getting a keg for the bbq. It costs ?120 and contains 88 pints, so if you're up for a fiver each, Richard can go get one. It comes complete with tap, barrel (obviously) and gas, so it's draft rather than cans. Apparently it's filled with Belhaven Best. Please post back here by mid week if you want to contribute.
graeme

Postby JohnPaul » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm

I'll fire in a fiver no prob
OC Member 012***
Soon to own a Mazda 6
JohnPaul

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:13 am

Will be attending on the Sunday :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Next

Return to Central Scotland