Pictures from Inverness With Friends Run May 25th

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Pictures from Inverness With Friends Run May 25th

Postby DouglasH » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Glen Orchy

Onich Hotel

Onich Shores

Fort Augustus

Urquart Castle

Inverness

Nairn Dolpin Watching

Nairn Harbour

Queens View Loch Tummel

Schiehallion Viewpoint

Falls of Dochart Killin

Jane & Paul's Highland Green Mk-3

Falls of Dochart Killin
Last edited by DouglasH on Tue May 27, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Tue May 27, 2008 12:22 pm

A big hello to Steve from Beauly and his tidy red Mk-1, whom we met in Nairn yesterday, hope you make it onto the forum.
DouglasH

Inverness

Postby Linda dobbie » Tue May 27, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi Douglas,
enjoyed your photos, we were about an hour behind you on sunday (had a breakfast stop at Tarbet) went up the A82 as far as Ballachulish then cut across to Oban then took the Argyll Coast route- fabulous run and great weather just over 300 miles, with the hood down the whole route -thats the new car had her first big run, if I ever figure out how to post photos I'll put some on the site.

Linda Dobbie
LINDA
Linda dobbie

Postby PaulDS » Tue May 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Great photos Douglas, nice and crisp.
Elaine wants a new camera now, suppose I can't complain can I.
PaulDS

Postby annette » Tue May 27, 2008 10:29 pm

PaulDS wrote:Great photos Douglas, nice and crisp.

No
so go on get one for your anniversary :wink:
annette

Postby DouglasH » Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am

PaulDS wrote:Great photos Douglas, nice and crisp.

Thanks Paul, these were taken with the old workhorse the Canon G5, none of the pictures have had the unsharp mask treatment on them yet, they were straight off the card onto the PC, left the SLR Canon 350 at home on purpose, don't know where I'd be without the G5 its been a great Camera, the fold out and reverse viewing screen is great for getting the under car tech shots.

Linda...you may have been closer to us than you thought, we were later in getting away, our visitors had a late check out of their hotel, which was fine because we weren't in any hurry, we turned off the A82 at Tyndrum and then went up the side of the River Orchy to pick up the Glencoe road again, stopped at our old favourite the Onich Hotel where they do an all day lunch, then all the way to Inverness with a few stops in between. On Monday and in order to avoid the A9 as much as possible, we headed for Nairn then down one of my favourite roads the B9007 Ferness to Carrbridge this has to be the nearest road you will find to the fictitious road in the Peugeot advert, we skirted the A9 for as far as possible then when we went on it at Ruthven we had to leave after a few miles at Etteridge because of an Accident, strangely though the Accident was right at the Dalwhinnie junction where we rejoined the A9, one car must have flown through the air and landed on its roof on top of the other car.
So we were only on the A9 for about ten miles before we took the Trinafour road and worked our way across to Killin via Loch Tay. Couldn't believe the amount of motorbikes on the roads yesterday, The Green Welly at Tyndrum was jam packed with bikes.

Waved to loads of fives yesterday and Sunday and a few other cars like a group of Morgans who all waved back, but the strange thing is when we turned down the Trinafour road, there parked up on the grass and enjoying their picnics were about six or seven old Bentleys (all BR Green of course) and every one of them waved to us yet when we returned to Aberfoyle and were standing at the cars just about to leave, a Caterham and a Silver Mk-1 with a roll bar parked up just two cars away from us and the Mx driver totally ignored us, you would have thought it would have been the other way about. I think there may have been a Lotus Elise Meet on, as a few cars were seen heading to Aberfoyle.
DouglasH

aberfoyle

Postby almuir » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Apologies for not speaking in Aberfoyle. I'm the owner of the silver Eunos with rollbar. You may find it hard to believe, but I really didn't notice you :oops:
I think my friend Andy in the Caterham thought I was particularly stupid when he mentioned the other mx5s in the car park and I looked at him with a blank expression. Maybe I had sunstroke...

Anyway, glad you had a good run, we certainly did (except for the slow coach on the duke's pass).

Al.
almuir

Return to Central Scotland