Dean Castle, Kilmarnock. Classic Vehicle Show Sun 11th May

Events of interest to MX-5 owners. Please note the events listed are not MX-5 Owners Club events and as such they are entirely outside the Club's control.

Dean Castle, Kilmarnock. Classic Vehicle Show Sun 11th May

Postby DouglasH » Thu May 08, 2008 1:16 am

I'll be taking a look at this Car Show this Sunday if anyone wants a day out, can meet up. Went two years ago but missed it last year so look forward to this years, its not a huge show like Callander or Hamilton, could have look round then take off for country roads before the crowds gather.
DouglasH

Postby lowflyer » Thu May 08, 2008 10:17 am

I see a convoy forming 8)
lowflyer

Postby BillB » Thu May 08, 2008 11:53 am

I will (hopefully) be down in that area this weekend on my own with the '5', I might just tag along.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Dean Castle

Postby Rob and Margaret » Fri May 09, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm up for this, where are we meeting up ? What time?

Rob
Rob and Margaret

Postby DouglasH » Fri May 09, 2008 8:37 pm

I'll drop by the Malletsheugh (junction 5 M77) at around 11-11.15, on Sunday Morning, if anyone wants to meet up there, I will be flying solo too.

Directions...

Malletsheugh Inn
Ayr Road,
Newton Mearns,
Glasgow,
G77 6RT

If you're travelling on the M77 from Glasgow/Edinburgh
Leave at Junction 5, and stay in the right hand lane of the Exit Road until you come to the Junction Roundabout, signal right, and take the 3rd Exit, Signposted Floak, and Newton Mearns, at the T junction, Turn Right towards Newton Mearns, and follow the road for approx 0.7 miles, you will cross back over the motorway on the overhead bridge, take the next turn on the right after you cross the bridge into car park.

Coming from Lanarkshire and East Kilbride, take the Eaglesham bypass until it ends/meets with Jct 5 of the M77, take second exit Signposted Floak, and Newton Mearns, at the T junction, Turn Right towards Newton Mearns, and follow the road for approx 0.7 miles, you will cross back over the motorway on the overhead bridge, take the next turn on the right after you cross the bridge into car park.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Mon May 12, 2008 1:17 am

Had a great day, Rob & I met Phil & Sheila at the Show and spoke with JohnF (John & Margaret) who was displaying his 'other car' on his 'other club' stand...a beautiful Morris Eight, fully restored by John. Went for a jaunt across country afterwards, just to take advantage of the glorious weather.

JohnF's Morris Eight

Loved John's Badge...

Fairlie Moor Road...

Lyle Hill Greenock...

View from Lyle Hill...
DouglasH

Return to Other Events