Ipod audiolink not working properly

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

Ipod audiolink not working properly

Postby Fee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:33 pm

I bought the audiolink connection from MX5parts and Mazda Phoenix kindly fitted it for me foc before I collected my car on Monday.

However, it's not working properly and I think I know the reason. I'll tell y'all a story first.

When I connect the ipod via the audio cable, you know the one that plugs into the headphone socket, it works ok, but I cannot control it from the steering wheel, other than volume.

When I use the white usb/ipod cable it completely crashes my pod.

I phoned MX5parts and they suggest I return it as it must be faulty and they will issue a replacement.

Then I got looking at their website again and I think this is where I have gone wrong. They have 2 audiolinks, one for an ipod and one for an MP3 player. Guess which one I bought, yip, the MP3 one. Doh!

So back on the phone to MX5parts, who are happy for me to return the unit and they will send me the ipod one.

Here's the tricky bit. I got my hand in through the glove box behind the stereo, but even with feeling along the cable that's already fitted, it's a complete maze in there to me. So I'm thinking I will need to sweet talk Mazda again to see if they can remove it and fit the replacement. :wink: to Dom.

So, to avoid two trips to Mazda, I have had to buy the ipod audiolink (a further £70) and then when I get the current one removed, return it and they will refund me.

A bit of a pain in the a**e but entirely my fault. As usual I charge on without fully reading and then bought the wrong bloomin thing!

Pffft :(
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby domda64 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:36 pm

No problem
Come in and see myself or Richard and we'll get it swapped over for you
domda64

Postby Fee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:35 pm

Cheers Dom :D
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black