Scottish Borders Newbie

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Scottish Borders Newbie

Postby davidrth » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi All!

Just got my first MX 5 Mk2 which is bright yellow! As its scottish borders and still winter not had much of a chance to get the roof down. Looking forward to sun coming out! which wont be for months yet. Anybody else local to the borders? Been looking on the events page for events close to borders couldn't see much but was only quick scan over.

Hope to catch up with some local mx5ers!! :D
davidrth
OC Member

Postby malcolm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Why look for events at your own front door, When the better weather comes, you'll be able to get the roof down and come for a wee run up to the better end of Scotland. Where the roads never stop twistin.

Welcome onboard David, Have some fun.
malcolm

Postby Raymond » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 pm

welcome

Hope to see you out and about. I am from the Border to. I have a Red mk1.
Cheers
Ray
Raymond

Postby DouglasH » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:16 am

Hi David and welcome, we were in Peebles a week past on Sunday, 24 cars. Quite a few events last year took us around the Borders area, this years events will be sorted out next Sunday at the planning meeting.
DouglasH

Re: Scottish Borders Newbie

Postby Wesly » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:55 pm

davidrth wrote:Hi All!

Just got my first MX 5 Mk2 which is bright yellow! As its scottish borders and still winter not had much of a chance to get the roof down. Looking forward to sun coming out! which wont be for months yet. Anybody else local to the borders? Been looking on the events page for events close to borders couldn't see much but was only quick scan over.

Hope to catch up with some local mx5ers!! :D

I'm absolutely certain i saw you the other day leaving Galashiels?

I used to have a red MK1, but now i have a black MK2 MR2, so if someone in an MR2 waves at your yellow beastie... it's probably me :)

If your in the Galashiels area keep an eye peeled... theres plenty of mx5's ... i see plenty of them on my journey into Uni at Netherdale. Lot's of nice ones!

You may also see a blue MK1 lowered to the floor in the area... DON'T try and race him :lol: obscene amount of power for a little 5 :)

Hope you enjoy the car and i'll no doubt spot you soon!
No more Mx5... but the MR2 is a beast and a half!

Performance over Chrome!!!!
Wesly

SOUTH OF SCOTLAND

Postby R5MXR » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:06 am

Hi,

it sounds to me as if there are enough MX5'rs in the Southern part of our lovely country ( I am further west, in Dumfries ) to have some regular runs ourselves.

The run from Moffat up over the Devil's beeftub and back round via tweedsmuir, Meggit water then St Mary's Loch is an awesome route.

Anyone interested?

Cheers,

Peter.

[/url]
R5MXR

Return to New Users