Moving to Nairn in the New Year ! Anyone else nearby ?

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Postby BillB » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Longmorn, to the south of Elgin on the A941 is still IV, the line seems to be drawn from Keith (AB postcode) across to Carrbridge (PH postcode), then Fort Augustus (would you believe a PH postcode). I am glad to see that Glenelg is still in the IV postcode area.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby jalane4 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi Guys

I am sorry that I have caused some confusion with this but hopefully on the right road now !

In response to kevham's post - my hubby says "where are the trackdays"? I would love to do one in Poppy but I dont think the old girl would cope with it now!
jalane4

Postby BillB » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:24 pm

poing wrote:I'm also an IV post code but Lorraine is my AC. I think if I move a bit to the right I become AB :)

Lorraine is possibly your AC because you choose to consider her as such. And probably because you are closer to Aberdeen than you are to Golspie.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm

Jalane, the North of Scotland car club run speed weekends on the Golspie race track throughout the year. There are loads of Westfields and Caterhams taking part. It is quite good fun.
I am also trying to arrange a similar weekend track day at Golspie for the MX5 club next year.
BillB

Postby poing » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:46 pm

It's just what she told me Bill and you never argue with The Law :lol:

Jalane, for track days keep an eye on the motorsport section of the forum, Kevham has post in there about sprints in Scotland for next year so if your husband doesn't have the things listed by Kevham then there is always Christmas pressies to think about :wink:
You can direct your husband here as well: http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/

As for Poppy then going on some club runs might be more gentle. Not always though :wink:
poing

Postby jalane4 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:10 pm

Thank you for all your responses - only problem now is that Poppy is no longer !!
Went for MOT - practically rotten underneath and have decided that I have to let her go. Can't believe it - thought it would be the engine that went first, although that I don't think has long to live anyway.
So I am having a break from the MX5 hopefully will be back with a "new" Poppy in a couple of years.
Jane :cry: :cry: :cry:
jalane4

Postby The Mailman » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:07 pm

That must hurt :( :(

What are you doing with the car then? People on here might be interested in it... the engines last forever! Its' just the damn rotting 'n rusting :evil:
Import in import... Dutch guy driving a '93 Eunos Roadster 1.6

The Mailman

Postby PaulDS » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi Jane,
Forget all about this post code rubbish, get your map out, look east along the Moray Firth Coast, Nairn, Forres, Elgin, Buckie and then 3 miles to a little coastal village FINDOCHTY, that's where I am.
When your settled take a drive along the coast and call by for coffee.
See you soon.

Paul & Elaine

:P
PaulDS

Postby Robin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Jane, bad news.
But, as far as I am led to understand, the only noted 5 "killer" is the corrosion at the real cill/wing area in front of the rear wheels.
In which case, this may save the day.
http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info. ... ts_id/1254
Much cheaper than stock, and about time too.
As for engines, if left as God intended :wink: and well serviced, they seem bullet proof.
Food for thought?
Robin

Postby malcolm » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:59 pm

Another red one for up north, just as I go white.
malcolm

Previous

Return to New Users