is this a record?

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

is this a record?

Postby keithlean » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:29 pm

new owner and user so bear with me! want to know if this is some kind of record.got an mx5 a couple of months ago , since then 3 other family members have got one.we all have a different coloured mx5. not purposely done,just all browsing small ads and bought cos they liked them.trying to get us all in the one place for a group photo,if this happens will post on the website. anybody beat this record? while i,m on can anyone help me with a wee irritating problem.no.4 plug and lead keeps popping out under acceleration,happened a couple of times recently and i just tightened the plug up,no sign of cross threads or any damage elsewhere.car has just had a full service. cheers
keithlean

Postby DouglasH » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi Keith and welcome...We do have a family in the Club that own and park 3 Mx-5's in the same driveway every night. Mk-3 owned by Father & Mother, Son no 1 Mk-1 and Son no 2 Mk-1, I beleive they are still working on their Daughter.

There is someone on here who had a plug pop out on one of the Club runs, almost certain he tightened it down and was ok after that, when he reads this I'm sure he'll reply. Other than that if the garage had just changed them take it back and get them to investigate, or if not check that they are the correct plugs fitted.

Recccommended NGK Plugs for Mk-1 & 2/2.5 are
NGK BKR6E
NGK ZFR6F-11 (long reach)
DouglasH

Postby woulfgar » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:17 pm

welcome to the club we are haveing a wee nite on tue if you whana come along

all the info can be found hear

http://mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5113
woulfgar

Postby frank boyle » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:40 pm

Hello and welcome.

If you just had the car fully serviced, and a spark plug is popping out, I think the Garage should be consulted and berated.

Anyway, enjoy the car, its brilliant.
frank boyle

Return to New Users